Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UNPAID BILLS: UBTH frees detained 45-year-old cancer patient

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

UNPAID BILLS: UBTH frees detained 45-year-old cancer patient Empty
PostSubject: UNPAID BILLS: UBTH frees detained 45-year-old cancer patient   UNPAID BILLS: UBTH frees detained 45-year-old cancer patient Empty2015-01-01, 02:14

BENIN—FORTY-FIVE years old Madam Enoghayin Helen, a cancer patient, who was detained at the female surgical ward of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, UBTH, over the inability of her family to pay N430,000 medical bill, yesterday regained her freedom.
Madam Enoghayin, a widow, had a successful surgery where one of her breast was removed to stem the spread of the ailment. She was, however, kept in a solitary female ward for two months due to failure to pay the hospital bill.
Her 20-year-old son, Esosa, who confirmed the release of his mother toVanguard, expressed gratitude to the management of the hospital and members of the public for coming to their aid.
He said: “We went to the hospital this afternoon (yesterday) and some people came and asked after my mother. She met them and they told me to go and pay any money I had.
“I told them I do not have a dime. So, they said we should go. I want to specially thankVanguardalso because it was after your report came out that my mother was freed. I am very grateful.”
Back to top Go down

UNPAID BILLS: UBTH frees detained 45-year-old cancer patient
Page 1 of 1