Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ooni inaugurates empowerment scheme for widows

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashawo
Leader
Leader
Ashawo

Ooni inaugurates empowerment scheme for widows Empty
PostSubject: Ooni inaugurates empowerment scheme for widows   Ooni inaugurates empowerment scheme for widows Empty2016-08-18, 20:44

Ooni inaugurates empowerment scheme for widows Ooni-ife

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi

Femi Makinde, Osogbo

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, on Thursday inaugurated a loan scheme he initiated to empower widows from Ife, Modakeke and other communities.

The monarch said he decided to set up the N2.5 million loan scheme, which was deposited with some micro finance banks in the town, to enable the widows have access to loans to fund their businesses.

The loan which requires no collateral attracts a nine per cent interest rate.

The monarch said the idea of assisting them came when he ascended the throne and the widows came and presented him some gifts.

Oba Ogunwusi said, “The thought of empowering the widows struck me when I ascended the throne. Some widows came to me and present some gifts. Their kindness, in spite of their poor economic state touched me. I was surprised that they could still think of honouring me.

“When I informed my chiefs and some elders about my plan, they screamed and said to me that the widows were many but I made them understand that God is always in control.”
Back to top Go down

Ooni inaugurates empowerment scheme for widows
Page 1 of 1