Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AFCON 2017: Ghanaians in Lagos hail Black Stars

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luscious concept
Amateur
Amateur
Luscious concept

Sex : Female

AFCON 2017: Ghanaians in Lagos hail Black Stars  Empty
PostSubject: AFCON 2017: Ghanaians in Lagos hail Black Stars    AFCON 2017: Ghanaians in Lagos hail Black Stars  Empty2017-01-30, 13:54

Some Ghanaians in Lagos on Monday hailed the Black Stars of Ghana for reaching the semi-finals stage of the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Gabon. Ghana defeated the Democratic Republic of Congo 2-1 in a quarter-finals match on Sunday. The Ghanians, who spoke to newsmen, said the team had executed all their matches brilliantly in the ongoing tournament and deserved to be in the semi-finals stage. Bright Amedume, a trader, said he was thrilled with the performance of the Black Stars against their opponents. Amedume urged the players to remain focused against their next opponents in order to get to the final of the tournament. “Honestly, I’m proud to be a Ghanaian, the players did excellently well against Congo and I want them to continue until the end of the competition to lift the trophy,’’ he said. Victor Asamoah, businessman in Ikotun area of Lagos, told pressmen that the Black Stars should do everything possible to reach the final tournament. Asamoah commended the players, especially the Ayew brothers for helping the team to cruise into the semi-finals. “Our players have been consistent since the beginning of the tournament and it has brought them this far. “Jordan and Andre Ayew did Ghanaians proud against DRC and I hope they will repeat the same thing in the next match,’’ he said. In the same vein, Peter Agbasi, another Ghanaian boasted that the team would lift the trophy. Agbasi noted that it was long overdue for the country to lift the cup again after their 1982 victory, saying the time has come for the crown as “King of Africa’’. “I’m not a prophet but I strongly believe the trophy is going to Ghana, we have waited too long for this to happen,’’ he said. The Black Stars will lock horns against the Indomitable Lion of Cameroon on Feb. 2 in Franceville, Gabon. Ghana won the competition last in 1982 in Libya, making it the fourth time the Black Stars lifted the trophy after 1963, 1965 and 1978.
Back to top Go down

AFCON 2017: Ghanaians in Lagos hail Black Stars
Page 1 of 1