Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Ex-Lawmaker, Keston Okoro, emerged PMAN President

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luscious concept
Amateur
Amateur
Luscious concept

Sex : Female

How Ex-Lawmaker, Keston Okoro, emerged PMAN President  Empty
PostSubject: How Ex-Lawmaker, Keston Okoro, emerged PMAN President    How Ex-Lawmaker, Keston Okoro, emerged PMAN President  Empty2017-02-01, 11:04

ABUJA – Erstwhile member of Delta state House of Assembly and Senior Special Assistant on Youth Development to ex-governor James Ibori, Hon. (Dr) Lord-Liege Keston Okoro, yesterday emerged the new president of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN). Okoro defeated millionaire Igbo-musician cum businessman Chief Fruitful Mekunye after a keenly contested election. Keston Okoro Out of 63 accredited delegates, 62 voted in the election with both candidates bagging 31 votes apiece. After consultations, it was agreed by the delegates that a fresh election be conducted since the subsisting PMAN constitution did not envisage a possible tie in an election situation hence was silent on the matter. In the second election that was conducted, the outcome remained the same as both candidates maintained 31 votes each. At this juncture, the delegates opted for the toss of a coin which was jointly agreed to, by the candidates following due consultations with their respective camps. They both pledged to accept the out of the tossing of coin. As the coin was tossed by the returning officer in the election, at about 11.54 pm; victory went the way of Lord-Liege Keston Okoro ushering in a rousing applause from the national delegates that attended from different parts of the country who had converged at an hotel in Central Business District of Abuja. According to the schedule, the oath of office was to be administered and taken immediately after the election. So, within the wee hours of Wednesday, the president-elected and his executives became substantive leaders of the association. In his acceptance speech, the president of PMAN acknowledged that the task ahead is enormous and therefore urged the musicians to dissolve their respective camps since the election is over and and team up with his administration to ensure the peace, prosperity and progress of musicians in the country. ‘’I want to thank you all – those who voted for me and those who didn’t vote for me – you are my greatness. That’s the beauty of democracy, but the election is over. So, let dissolve our respective camps and work together as a team. ”To this end, I promise formally that with your power, support, and authority, I’ll discharge my duties effectively. But I also want to appeal to you that each time, you notice me going wrong, don’t hesitate to call me to order because the eye can see but it can’t see itself,” he said.
Back to top Go down

How Ex-Lawmaker, Keston Okoro, emerged PMAN President
Page 1 of 1