Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony F55/F5 Workflow- Convert Sony XAVC to MPEG-2 for Vegas Pro

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sony F55/F5 Workflow- Convert Sony XAVC to MPEG-2 for Vegas Pro  Empty
PostSubject: Sony F55/F5 Workflow- Convert Sony XAVC to MPEG-2 for Vegas Pro    Sony F55/F5 Workflow- Convert Sony XAVC to MPEG-2 for Vegas Pro  Empty2013-08-27, 09:17

Summary: The Sony Vegas Pro won't import XAVC files from Sony F55, F5 smoothly. The easy workaround is to transcode Sony XAVC to a more "edit" friendly codec. Here is how.

Sony has started the roll-out of its new, more efficient, mid-range codec: XAVC, along with the PMW-F5 &PMW-F55 4K cameras. It allows higher frame rate recording at 1080p. With every new camera, come many new questions about workflow. This article mainly outlines
Quote :
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-sony-f55-f5-xavc-to-vegas-pro.html
Sony F55/F5 XAVC to Vegas Pro workflow

When I got my F5, I tried to work the output 1080p XAVC footage in Sony Vegas Pro 11. It imports, but when I try to do anything with it, it crashes. As far as I know Vegas Pro can’t support XAVC 4K & HD. You may also be troubled by the similar problem. To get rid of the issues, you will need to transcode Sony XAVC to a more "edit" friendly codec for Vegas like MPEG-2.

Now I share the guide with you how to convert XAVC footage to Vegas Pro friendly format using Brorsoft
Quote :
brorsoft.com/video-converter/index.html
Video Converter
. With it, you can effortlessly encode/re-encode XAVC intra footage shot from Sony PWM-F5, F55 for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems (NLE), including Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Avid Studio, Magix Movie Edit Pro, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio and more. If you're using a Mac, please turn to its equivalent Mac version –
Quote :
brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html
Video Converter Mac, which can help you solve the XAVC codec and Mac incompatibility.

1. Download, install and run the
Quote :
brorsoft.com/video-converter/index.html
XAVC to Vegas Pro Converter
; click "Add Videos" icon to load your source XAVC videos from XDROOT folder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. Click on the Format box to get the dropdown menu. Select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas --> MPEG-2 (*.mpg) for editing XAVC in Vegas with natively supported video codec.

3. Click "Settings" button if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.

4. Hit the convert button, it will start converting F55/F5 XAVC for importing to Sony Vegas Pro immediately. Soon after the conversion, just click “Open” button to get the generated files for natively editing in Vegas Pro 9/10/11/12 perfectly.

More Topics:

Quote :
movies-videos-convert-tips.overblog.com/xavc-to-imovie-transcode-sony-pmw-f55-xavc-video-to-aic-.mov-for-imovie-11
Easily edit Sony PMW-F55 XAVC video clips in iMovie 11
Quote :
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-sony-xavc-to-final-cut-pro.html
Import Sony F55/F5 XAVC clips in Final Cut Pro
Quote :
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-sony-xavc-to-pinnacle-studio.html
How to edit Sony XAVC codec in Pinnacle Studio
Quote :
brorsoft.com/how-to/edit-sony-xavc-footage-in-adobe-premiere.html
Editing Sony PMW-F55/F5 XAVC footage in Adobe Premiere Pro
Quote :
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-sony-xavc-to-avid-media-composer.html