Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack

Go down 
+8
stayEYAH
Olybra
sulec
osas4jame
Lionsheart
Okoegualek
skillin
Ashawo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashawo
Leader
Leader
Ashawo

50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty
PostSubject: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-30, 09:06

50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Church%20destroyed%20by%20bomb-blast

Assemblies of God, Deeper Life, Winners, Catholic Church, 3 thers affected.

Hell was let loose in the early hours yesterday at Oba-Ofemmili community in Awka-North Local Government Area of Anambra State, when some youths, suspected to be cultists attacked Christians in their worship places, shot and inflicted machete wounds on over 50 of them.

The attackers also went on rampage, looting and burning churches in the community. Some of the churches burnt include Assemblies of God Church, Grace of God Church, Deeper Life Bible Church, Winners Church, Christ Holy Church, St. Paul’s Catholic Church and another pentecostal church.

The assailants, according to the victims, attacked the worshippers with dangerous weapons, shooting sporadically and wounding several people. They were said to have invaded no fewer than seven churches, burning and destroying everything within their reach.

A two-year old baby was among the victims.

It was gathered that trouble started in the community over disagreement between the Christians and the idol worshippers on the cultural night masquerade, a local fetish cult opposed by Christians in the area.

A victim of the incident, who gave his name as Mr Sunday Aliuba, said they were in the church when the miscreants stormed their church, armed with guns and machetes. He said they swooped on the congregation and inflicted machete wounds on them, causing stampede as people struggled to escape from the church.

Hear him: “How it happened was that Oba-Ofemili and the Christians had an agreement that the night masquerades will not start by 9pm, and we were having our programmes according to the rules. But on Monday night, I was at the crusade when we heard that the pagans will burn down all the churches. Around 11pm, they started shooting sporadically into the air, causing everybody to shiver. Around 1.00am on Tuesday, they stormed the church, and razed down the parish priest’s house and pursued everybody in the church. We hid under the staircase and under the pews.

“In self-defence, we pounced on some of them. As it got hotter, my colleagues ran away. I also ran but they pursued me and shot me in the legs, shattering my ankles and bones. They also inflicted machete wounds on me. The blood that came out of my body can fill two buckets. It is only God that is sustaining my life till now.”

When contacted, the priest of St. Paul’s Anglican Church, whose parish church was razed, Rev. Pat. Odinanwa, said series of efforts made to ensure peace in the community between the church and the community failed. He said the pagans nursed pathological hatred for Christians in the community. According to him, there were agreements reached between the church and the community, but the pagans sought all avenues to stop Christians from worshipping God in the community.

According to him, over 50 persons sustained gunshot and machete wounds, while seven churches were burnt by the irate youths. He said Christians in the area had been living in fear, as the youths threatened further attack today.
Back to top Go down
skillin
Senior
Senior

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-30, 09:11

may God save us in this country ooo
Back to top Go down
Okoegualek
Senior
Senior
Okoegualek

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-30, 21:28

Na wao
Back to top Go down
Lionsheart
Novice
Novice

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-30, 23:45

No God help nigeria!Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
skillin
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-31, 03:12

God heal our land
Back to top Go down
osas4jame
Senior
Senior
osas4jame

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-31, 08:18

Wonders shall never end
Back to top Go down
sulec
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-31, 11:44

What is d diffrence btw these people and boko haram? God save my country.
Back to top Go down
Olybra
Professional
Professional
Olybra

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-31, 21:44

May God have mercy on the attackers
Back to top Go down
stayEYAH
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-31, 23:32

Holy Mary, pray 4 us!
Back to top Go down
http://EYAH.cfsites.org
sunnydevess
Professional
Professional
sunnydevess

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-31, 23:38

May God not have any mercy on the attackers, rather may Justice be served!
Back to top Go down
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-08-31, 23:54

Insecurity is everywhere in the country and our leaders are sleeping. All they are concerned about is Election 2015. God save Nigerians @ home $ abroad.
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-09-01, 10:37

Imagine!
Back to top Go down
Tracker
Novice
Novice
Tracker

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-09-01, 11:04

stainlez wrote:
Insecurity is everywhere in the country and our leaders are sleeping. All they are concerned about is Election 2015. God save Nigerians @ home $ abroad.

Amen oooooh....... Well i was in Anambra, wen i heard the shocking News!
Back to top Go down
osas4jame
Senior
Senior
osas4jame

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty2013-09-02, 06:05

Dis world is coming to an end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack   50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack Empty

Back to top Go down

50 People Shot Dead In Anambra Churches Attack
Page 1 of 1