Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t Empty
PostSubject: Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t   Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t Empty2014-11-23, 11:52

Dear Bunmi,
I’m getting married to my boyfriend of two years in a couple of months’ time, but I’m dreading it. We both wanted a simple wedding with close families and friends, but my mother wouldn’t hear of it. I’m the only girl of the family and she’s really pushing out the boat for this wedding, picking aso-ebi and arranging a lavish reception. In short, she has taken over the whole day and I have hardly been involved at all.
My fiance says we should let her get on with it if it would really make her happy as she is paying, but I feel resentful that she has hijacked my day in this way.
I feel like running off to have a quiet wedding!
Balimat, by e-mail.
Dear Halimat,
You’re likely to cause a lot of upset if you run away to get married! Really, there is no need for you to resent your mother for trying to control your life. As it’s only one day, does it really matter? All that’s important is that you and your fiance are happy together. He’s not complaining; all you need to do is relax, humour your mum who’s happy to be the ‘mother-of-the-bride’ and enjoy all the fuss! You might even look back at your wedding day in future and feel a lot of gratitude for your mum for being in control of such a memorable day!
Back to top Go down
peter pan
Master
Master
peter pan

PostSubject: Re: Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t   Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t Empty2014-11-23, 11:59

funny dude
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t   Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t Empty2014-11-23, 12:13

Struggling time with mother-in-law....searimi of life!
Back to top Go down
peter pan
Master
Master
peter pan

PostSubject: Re: Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t   Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t Empty2014-11-23, 12:14

nah them sabi
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t   Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t Empty2014-11-23, 12:31

Haha...that's harsh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t   Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t Empty

Back to top Go down

Mum wants a big wedding, but I don’t
Page 1 of 1