Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buhari wins APC presidential primaries

Go down 
+2
Safex
smile2012
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty
PostSubject: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 18:47

*Polls 3,430 votes to defeat Kwankwaso, Atiku others
*I’ll rally round Buhari–Atiku
By Dapo Akinrefon, Gbenga Oke, Levinus Nwabughiogu & Monsur Olowopejo
Former Head of State, General Mohammadu Buhari has won the presidential primary election of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
He polled 3,430 votes to get the ticket.
His votes outnumbered those of Kano State governor, Dr Rabiu Kwankwanso and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who got 974 and 954 votes respectively.
Sam Nda-Isaiah scored 10 votes.
Rochas Okorocha, Muhammadu Buhari, Rabiu Kwankwaso, Atiku Abubakar and Sam Nda- Isaiah.
This is also the case with the three other contestants of the party’s presidential ticket whose votes were deciphered to be slim during the sorting of the thumb-printed ballot papers.
Other contenders are Governor of Imo State, Chief Rochas Okorocha and the publisher of Leadership Newspaper, Sam Nda-Isaiah.
But Buhari is yet to be officially declared the winner of the exercise by the organizers of the election as counting of votes of continues.
The implication of this victory is that the former Head of State would square up again with President Goodluck Jonathan of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the 2015 presidential election scheduled to hold onFebruary 14, 2015.
This would be the second time in a row both political gladiators are meeting at the polls.
The first time was in 2011 when Buhari ran on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC.
But he was defeated by Jonathan despite polling about 12 million votes.
At the formation of APC which was an offshoot of defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, All Nigerian Peoples Party, ANPP, a faction of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA and Buhari’s CPC, the former soldier declared his interest to run again for the highest political office in the land.
This saw him contesting for the APC’s presidential ticket with four others in the party.
Meanwhile, Buhari’s victory has sparked off jubilations among his numerous supporters at the Lagos State owned Teslim Balogun Stadium, venue of the presidential primaries.
Atiku congratulates Buhari
Former Vice President has congratulated Gen. Muhammadu Buhari for emerging victorious in the keenly contested presidential primary election of All Progressives Congress (APC).
Atiku, in a concession statement by his media office said that Gen. Muhammadu Buhari ran a spirited campaign, and that since the delegates have spoken, he fully deserves the victory.
The statement reads: “I am very confident that you will provide the needed leadership to turn this country around. I have no doubt that you will work with dedicated and qualified Nigerians to protect our citizens, improve our economy, create jobs, improve education, reform governance and fight corruption. You will indeed bring the change Nigerians have been yearning for. Once more, congratulations.
“I congratulate the other contestants, namely Governors Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso and Rochas Okorocha as well as the erudite Sam Nda-Isaiah. You have all demonstrated your commitment to democracy by participating in this transparent process and by campaigning vigorously across this country.
“I thank our delegates for their sacrifices and their commitment to democracy. In particular, I thank those who voted for me for your faith in me. However, since we came up short, we have to now rally behind General Buhari to help him prevail in the coming Presidential election.
“The APC has demonstrated, through the transparent process, the Party’s commitment to democracy and rule of law. It has demonstrated its respect for people and their choice through the ballot box.
“I sincerely thank the Convention Committee for putting together a hitch-free convention.
“My dear friends, we have voted, a winner has emerged. I pledge my commitment to this Party, and to campaign vigorously for our candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and all APC candidates to ensure victory in the 2015 elections.
“I call on all other contestants and our party’s rank and file to unite behind our candidates at all levels to ensure that the PDP is defeated, so Nigerians can have real change.
“I will hand over to Gen. Buhari for his review and possible implementation my policy document which was developed in line with the party’s philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 18:54

I dnt fink any mentally fit individual wud wait 4 Atiku 2 win b4
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 18:57

Abi o...am only scared of Buhari in tribalistic idea...what isur own view about it @ all
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 19:06

smile2012 wrote:
Abi o...am only scared of Buhari in tribalistic idea...what isur own view about it @ all
d issue is indeed a dicey one:
1. Diaris fear dat Buhari fit Islamize 9ja I'd e enta
2. Only few of d masses belif Buhari no get hand 4 BH palava
3. GEJ has disappointed pple and cannot (ordinarily) get much vote
4. Wif d above analysis now, Many pple (mayb lyk me) r now of d opinion dat; I'll rather stay @ home dan 2 vote 4 any of dem...AND GUESS WAT'LL APUN
Back to top Go down
sunnyga
Expert
Expert

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 20:00

God knows the best for us
Back to top Go down
peter pan
Master
Master
peter pan

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 20:23

We don't need him oh
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 20:34

aneke peter chukwujekwu wrote:
We don't need him oh
u dnt need who?
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 20:35

sunnyga wrote:
God knows the best for us
dat one na constant K nah
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 20:38

This is a DOUBLE WAHALA"
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 20:39

smile2012 wrote:
This is a DOUBLE WAHALA"
4 dead body, lolz
Back to top Go down
20manlotto
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 20:44

let start prayer now for our country
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-11, 20:54

20manlotto wrote:
let start prayer now for our country
me I don start prayer since last year nah
Back to top Go down
xedyl
Senior
Senior
xedyl

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-12, 07:19

congrats to him
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty2014-12-12, 07:40

Abi o...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buhari wins APC presidential primaries   Buhari wins APC presidential primaries Empty

Back to top Go down

Buhari wins APC presidential primaries
Page 1 of 1