Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure

Go down 
+2
stainlez
smile2012
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty
PostSubject: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-02, 12:17

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard called his decision to leave at the end of the season "the toughest" of his life.
The 34-year-old, out of contract this summer, joined the Reds aged nine and has scored 180 goals in 695 games.
"This has been the toughest decisionof my life, one both me and my family have agonised over for a good deal of time," said the ex-England midfielder.
He added he would continue to play but not for a potential rival as he could "never contemplate" facing Liverpool.
Gerrard is being linked with a move to Major League Soccer in the United States once the English season ends.
He stressed: "I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool.
"My decision is completely based on my wish to experience something different in my career and life and I also want to make sure that I have no regrets when my playing career is eventually over.
"From now until the last kick of the last game of the season, I will be as fully committed to the team as I ever have been and giving everything I have to help Liverpool win games."
Gerrard, born in the Merseyside village of Whiston, joined Liverpool's academy when he was nine years old, making his first-team debut as a substitute against Blackburn Rovers in November 1998.
He led the club to the Champions League title in 2005,scoring his side's first goal as they came from three down to draw 3-3 against AC Milan and then win on penalties.
He has also won the Uefa Cup, two FA Cups, three League Cups, one Community Shield and two Uefa Super Cups, and earned 114 England caps before retiring after the World Cup.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said: "It is almost an impossible task to find the words to appropriately sum up Steven Gerrard and his importance to Liverpool.
"This is an era where the word 'legend' is vastly overused, but in his case it actually doesn't do him justice."
Back to top Go down
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-02, 12:31

He is a club legend... Good luck Steven.
Back to top Go down
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-02, 12:31

He is a club legend... Good luck Steven.
Back to top Go down
sunnyga
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-02, 12:55

it's necessary some time.
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-02, 13:17

Ehya, dat's so pathetic
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-02, 13:21

So fast...
Back to top Go down
Arbourboateng
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-02, 15:44

I have never see a committed player like captain fantastic Good luck Steve
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-03, 09:10

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
20manlotto
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty2015-01-03, 11:09

Wendon gerad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure   Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure Empty

Back to top Go down

Gerrard confirms Liverpool departure
Page 1 of 1