Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
unikazzy
Novice
Novice

Sex : male

Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title Empty
PostSubject: Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title   Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title Empty2015-05-14, 07:35

Outgoing Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard says he regrets never winning the Premier League title.
Gerrard, 34, plays his last game at Anfield on Saturday, against Crystal Palace, before joining Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy in June.
"It is not the only regret, I think it is the biggest," former England skipper Gerrard told Football Focus.
"I would love to say that I have got the full collection, it would be the icing on the cake."
'I wouldn't change my journey for anything'

Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title _8298110
Gerrard was sent off just 38 seconds after coming on as a substitute against Manchester United this season
Having made more than 700 appearances over 17 seasons, Gerrard ends his association with the Reds this summer, admitting his exit has "happened maybe slightly quicker" than he thought.
Last season, Liverpool could have clinched their first title since 1990 but fell two points short of eventual champions Manchester City, with Gerrard's slip against Chelsea contributing to a 2-0 defeat.
"You are always going to have incredible moments and you are also going to have some cruel lows as well," said Gerrard.
"I also look at other FA Cup Finals that I have missed out on and the second Champions League Final in 2007.
"Nobody's journey ever goes smoothly, mine certainly hasn't, but I am certainly proud of it and I wouldn't change it for anything."
'It will be emotional'

Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title _8298012
Gerrard was named man of the match in the 2005 Champions League final victory against AC Milan
Gerrard, who has signed an 18-month deal to play in America, leaves Liverpool having won the Champions League, Uefa Cup, two FA Cups and three League Cups.
"I think it will be emotional. I think it will be worst at the end of the game," added Gerrard, who is scheduled to play his final game for Liverpool at Stoke on Sunday, 24 May.
"I realise that come the end of the game when it is time to say goodbye to the supporters for the last time the emotions are going to kick in for real.
"I have never been in this situation before so I don't really know what it is going to be like.
"I want to try and manage it, try and control it but I also want the opportunity to say thanks to the people who have supported me for a long time."

www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32726560
Back to top Go down
Twogoods
Expert
Expert
Twogoods

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title   Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title Empty2015-05-14, 08:41

WawOh
Back to top Go down
http://www.fb.com/inforNaij
irondehero42
Senior
Senior
irondehero42

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title   Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title Empty2015-05-14, 09:13

He should have won it last season
Back to top Go down
HORIZONTAL
Amateur
Amateur

Sex : MALE

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title   Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title Empty2015-05-14, 15:45

IT HAPPENS LIKE THIS SOMETIMES IN LIFE BUT I STILL LIKE HIM
Back to top Go down
xedyl
Senior
Senior
xedyl

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title   Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title Empty2015-05-14, 19:35

Nor be him slip
Back to top Go down
Twogoods
Expert
Expert
Twogoods

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title   Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title Empty2015-05-14, 23:40

irondehero42 wrote:
He should have won it last season
U are right
Back to top Go down
http://www.fb.com/inforNaij
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title   Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title Empty

Back to top Go down

Steven Gerrard: Liverpool midfielder regrets not winning title
Page 1 of 1