Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I’ve ‘impounded’ countless Okada, says fake Army officer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luscious concept
Amateur
Amateur
Luscious concept

Sex : Female

I’ve ‘impounded’ countless Okada, says fake Army officer  Empty
PostSubject: I’ve ‘impounded’ countless Okada, says fake Army officer    I’ve ‘impounded’ countless Okada, says fake Army officer  Empty2017-01-05, 09:52

LAGOS—A 51-year-old man, who has been masquerading as a soldier to snatch motorcycles from riders across the country, has been arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, of the Lagos State Police Command. The suspect, identified as Benjamin Okon, as gathered, usually accused commercial motorcyclists of violating state laws on the restriction of motorcycles. Okon, who was usually clad in military camouflage, would, thereafter, seize the motorbikes, pretending to be taking them to the nearest police station. However, as Vanguard gathered, he would ride them to an unidentified accomplice who he sold them to at give-away prices. He met his waterloo after SARS operatives, acting on a tip-off, swooped on him, Sunday, while he was attempting to intimidate a commercial motorcyclist in Apapa area of Lagos. Cross-country operations Benjamin Okon During interrogation, Okon confessed to have operated in Lagos, Ogun and Kwara states. A commercial motorcyclist at Liverpool area of Apapa, Ezeanwa Uche, told Vanguard that “he (suspect) was fond of intimidating members of the public while pretending that he is a military personnel. “A friend of mine had his Okada impounded by the suspect. But we began to suspect his moves when we observed that he was never at work. That was why we summoned courage to report him to the police, only to discover that he is not a soldier after all.” Confession When asked how many motorbikes he had stolen, the suspect said he had lost count. According to him, “I am an expert at snatching motorcycles from owners. I have stolen countless Okada, which my accomplice helped me to sell. “I operated alone, but would take the motorbikes to my accomplice, who sold them to ready buyers. Once I give him, he would pay me off and I will go to steal another. “People were usually afraid of me because of the Army uniform and my commanding tone. I have operated in Lagos, Ogun, Kwara and other states.” Asked where he got the Army camouflage from, he kept mum. Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus, who confirmed the arrest, said effort was on to arrest the suspect’s accomplice and receivers of the stolen motorbikes. She added that the suspect would be charged to court at the completion of investigation.
Back to top Go down

I’ve ‘impounded’ countless Okada, says fake Army officer
Page 1 of 1