Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League

Go down 
+5
Mamafish
ancl
akanjoe
olofin17
timire2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
timire2
Amateur
Amateur

Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty
PostSubject: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-02-29, 21:40

Rebecca Hawkes | 29-02-2012

An approach by Al Jazeera Sport for the UK rights to broadcast live English Premier League football is to be expected, says Ross Hair, managing director of ESPN UK.

"We're expecting another Premier League auction in April or May. An Al Jazeera bid is a realistic option," he told the London Evening Standard.

"They have done something very interesting in France in buying first division football against the incumbent satellite broadcaster Canal Plus and we've also looked at what they've done in other markets.

"You can draw parallels with the upcoming auction in the UK. Al Jazeera have the ambition to grow further in sport and into other markets," Hair added.

Pay-TV operators Sky Sports and the Walt Disney-owned ESPN currently hold the rights to broadcast live Premier League matches in the UK. This domestic rights deal has earned the Premier League £1.782 billion over three years.

Al Jazeera declined to comment on the mounting speculation linking the Qatar-based network to a bid for the UK rights to the English Premier League.

In December the outfit bought the broadcasting rights to French Ligue 1 and the UEFA Champions League within France, and has since added UEFA Euro 2012 and Euro 2016 to its increasingly impressive football portfolio for France.

Al Jazeera Sport currently also holds the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) rights for the FA Cup and also the UEFA Champions League - coverage of which is anchored by Gary Lineker and produced by ITV in London. It will also be the exclusive broadcaster across the Arab world for the FIFA World Cup in 2014, 2018 and 2022.

Rival Gulf company Abu Dhabi Media, owner of the Abu Dhabi Sports pay-TV channels, currently holds the exclusive MENA rights to the English Premier League. However, Al Jazeera Sport is also expected to bid for the rights to show the prestigious English football league across the Arab world when overseas bidding for the 2013-14 season begins.
Back to top Go down
olofin17
Amateur
Amateur
olofin17

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 01:07

THAT IS WHAT AM BEEN WAITING FOR AND WHICH I BELIVE THEY'RE GOING TO MAKE IT, DSTV CAN TURN TO STORY..... I WISH THEM GOOD LUCK,
Back to top Go down
akanjoe
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 08:38

Good work Bro's, keep us updated...
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 08:44

That we stop monopoly of dsthief
Back to top Go down
Mamafish
Senior
Senior
Mamafish

Sex : Female

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 11:23

olofin17 wrote:
THAT IS WHAT AM BEEN WAITING FOR AND WHICH I BELIVE THEY'RE GOING TO MAKE IT, DSTV CAN TURN TO STORY..... I WISH THEM GOOD LUCK,
ki olorun je ki o ri bee
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 11:29

Mamafish wrote:
olofin17 wrote:
ki olorun je ki o ri bee
AMIN OOOO
Back to top Go down
bola_yeni
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
bola_yeni

Sex : yes

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 12:37

ancl wrote:
Mamafish wrote:
olofin17 wrote:
ki olorun je ki o ri bee
AMIN OOOO
Ki awon aiye naa je ko ri bee.
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 13:07

bola_yeni wrote:
ancl wrote:
Mamafish wrote:
olofin17 wrote:
ki olorun je ki o ri bee
AMIN OOOO
Ki awon aiye naa je ko ri bee.
ASE.....WA
Back to top Go down
donfolex
Expert
Expert
donfolex

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 14:53

Once dat is achieved, I tell you their portfolio will be more than complete.
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 14:58

donfolex wrote:
it going to be freedom 4rm slavery for africa ppl
Back to top Go down
donfolex
Expert
Expert
donfolex

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 15:24

ancl wrote:
donfolex wrote:
it going to be freedom 4rm slavery for africa ppl

True.
Back to top Go down
akanjoe
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 16:05

i would start hunting for their card now..you never can tell what happens once they secure that right...
Back to top Go down
akanjoe
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 16:22

i wish them Good luck......not A.J.
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 16:35

akanjoe wrote:
i would start hunting for their card now..you never can tell what happens once they secure that right...
i hear say they marry thre card wit thre decodr bt u can nvr tel wht plan they hv 4 us hre n africa.
Back to top Go down
mayo4gem
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 17:54

akanjoe wrote:
DATS TRUE ONCE THEY SECURE THE RIGHT THE CARD WILL DEFINITELY BE XPENSIVE
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 19:51

mayo4gem wrote:
akanjoe wrote:
DATS TRUE ONCE THEY SECURE THE RIGHT THE CARD WILL DEFINITELY BE XPENSIVE
any1 wit info on hw to gt them
Back to top Go down
Lordomasia
Professional
Professional
Lordomasia

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 20:23

Let's pray for them to win the bid so that they compete with those dsthieves.
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 20:29

Ayo lo maa jasi
Back to top Go down
bola_yeni
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
bola_yeni

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 21:30

ancl wrote:
Ayo lo maa jasi
Amin ooo. I pray it works out well.
Back to top Go down
bola_yeni
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
bola_yeni

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 21:35

ancl wrote:
Ayo lo maa jasi
Amin ooo. I pray it works out well. And not just working out well but we benfitting frm it.
Back to top Go down
akanjoe
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty2012-03-01, 23:25

i hope they dont marry it soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League   Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League Empty

Back to top Go down

Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League
Page 1 of 1