Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

skybox f4 gprs setting issues

Go down 
+14
Mkude
bejs
akotaobi.hope7
kokoo
ngally
likembe
ekkywolex
Comingsoon!!!
Drdanskills
ancl
Fishegg45
ugotuf
omokoaustine
18 posters
AuthorMessage
omokoaustine
Novice
Novice

skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty
PostSubject: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2012-10-21, 13:55

I have just purchased a Skybox F4 receiver. As it is
very similar to the F3 I have set it up with no
problems with AJs channel lists. However, I am not
able to set up the GPRS element of the box. I have
inserted a sim card and in settings it says GPRS OK
with a signal level of around 20. However, when I try and view channels they remain scrambled. I was
looking to enter the APN details in the skybox but I
can't do this. Does anyone have information or a
guide to help me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
omokoaustine
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2012-10-21, 17:32

does it mean no body is using dis type of receiver here?
Back to top Go down
ugotuf
Amateur
Amateur
ugotuf

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2012-10-21, 21:34

omokoaustine wrote:
PM JOSTUNDE FOR MORE CLARIFICATION
Back to top Go down
Fishegg45
Leader
Leader
Fishegg45

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2012-10-22, 08:04

ugotuf wrote:
omokoaustine wrote:
gud advic. I tink i av 2luk into dz receiver too.
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2012-10-22, 12:42

Why d't u buy 4rm gud sucss lol? Am sure if u do it would hv bn configure alrdy 4u.
Back to top Go down
ugotuf
Amateur
Amateur
ugotuf

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2012-10-22, 16:30

Fishegg45 wrote:
ugotuf wrote:
omokoaustine wrote:
gud advic. I tink i av 2luk into dz receiver too.
FISHEGG45 HOW YOU DEY? LONGEST TIME.
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-01-23, 12:16

omokoaustine wrote:
I have just purchased a Skybox F4 receiver. As it is
very similar to the F3 I have set it up with no
problems with AJs channel lists. However, I am not
able to set up the GPRS element of the box. I have
inserted a sim card and in settings it says GPRS OK
with a signal level of around 20. However, when I try and view channels they remain scrambled. I was
looking to enter the APN details in the skybox but I
can't do this. Does anyone have information or a
guide to help me. Thanks.

GPRS works best with Airtel or Etisalat Sim, you don't need to do any configuration, just insert ur sim behind, then open Menu, go to Network Local Setting>Network Setting>Activate GPRS....this will reboot your receiver....don't worry, just Ok it.
After rebooting, open Network Local Setting again, press 6666 to open up Camds Setup to setup ur client protocol!
Back to top Go down
http://drdanskills@yahoo.com
Comingsoon!!!
Novice
Novice
Comingsoon!!!

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-01-23, 19:23

god info
Back to top Go down
ekkywolex
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-01-23, 20:00

thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
likembe
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-02-02, 21:05

Can u giv me an exampl of a configuration of client protocol on Skybox F4
Back to top Go down
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-02-02, 21:54

likembe wrote:
Can u giv me an exampl of a configuration of client protocol on Skybox F4
check the network u use in ur country
Back to top Go down
likembe
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-02-02, 22:37

My problem is that i don't know what means "client protocol". So,help me!
Back to top Go down
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-02-02, 22:44

likembe wrote:
My problem is that i don't know what means "client protocol". So,help me!
dat means d code numbers
Back to top Go down
Fishegg45
Leader
Leader
Fishegg45

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-02-03, 03:44

Client-to-client protocol
(CTCP) is a special type of
communication between
Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
clients.
Back to top Go down
ngally
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-03-26, 20:25

Can some one help me to configure my cccam account in skybox f4?i bought it one week ago.The problem is where can i write C: xxxx,i cant see in my remote control button.Please help me for following procedures after that.
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-03-27, 07:17

Press menu on ur remote, go to Network local settings then press 6666, Camds setup will show up, go to it and press ok to bring up ccam client setup, ok it, select manage config files then select cccam.cfg . Press the blue button to add any cccam account of ur choice
Back to top Go down
kokoo
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-05-08, 14:03

please help me how to use external dongle example (azsky dongle) for skybox F4 receiver.
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-05-08, 17:07

kokoo wrote:
please help me how to use external dongle example (azsky dongle) for skybox F4 receiver.
Very simple, just locate Camd setup and then RS232 setup, then change it to twin protocol y4. Exit and "datz all"!
Back to top Go down
akotaobi.hope7
Amateur
Amateur
akotaobi.hope7

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-05-15, 17:54

Pls i have 4922A HD stronge reciever how can i set up a ccam account and whats the price for required gadgets. Apart from the subscription. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-05-15, 18:49

akotaobi.hope7 wrote:
Pls i have 4922A HD stronge reciever how can i set up a ccam account and whats the price for required gadgets. Apart from the subscription. Thanks
Wrong thread. Go to the appropriate thread for answers.
Back to top Go down
bejs
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-06-02, 14:22

guys i need help here. i'm already using strong 4922 but want to buy skybox f4. can dose who have used both advise me as to which is beter in quality. whether to keep the strong or to go for the skybox f4. 10x
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-06-02, 15:39

bejs wrote:
guys i need help here. i'm already using strong 4922 but want to buy skybox f4. can dose who have used both advise me as to which is beter in quality. whether to keep the strong or to go for the skybox f4. 10x
Skybox F4 has more ICPs than 4922 together with an inbuilt GPRS SIM card adapter. However skybox is more expensive in the Nigerian currency. Both are good sha.
Back to top Go down
Mkude
Novice
Novice

Sex : m

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-06-02, 16:27

@Drdanskills
any new sw apart from Jan 2013?
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-06-02, 17:28

There's a soft for March and April which has included Weather app in addition to the youtube and youxxx
Back to top Go down
bejs
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-06-02, 17:58

Drdanskills wrote:
bejs wrote:
Skybox F4 has more ICPs than 4922 together with an inbuilt GPRS SIM card adapter. However skybox is more expensive in the Nigerian currency. Both are good sha.

10x bro for ur advice but what is ICPs. can u pls clarify more for me to andastnd.
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-06-02, 18:31

Sorry, I meant ISPs meaning Internet Sharing Protocol eg Cccamd, Mgcamd, Newcamd, Avartarcamd, Gscamd, Nassscamd, etc
Back to top Go down
Mkude
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-06-02, 18:45

@Drdanskills
Can i get the files or the link?Thanx in advance bro.
Back to top Go down
Mkude
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-08-30, 21:30

please i need the help,i tried to update my skybox f4 with the new software of may,25 but it refuse to start up.It loads to 97% then it stops.What should i do,plaese help @

Back to top Go down
nalucha
Amateur
Amateur
nalucha

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-11-05, 12:09

does anyone know how to sort out the wifi connection time out error or Skybox f3 . my skybox f3 is able to locate wifi but unable to connect to to wifi spot
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-11-05, 13:23

nalucha wrote:
does anyone know how to sort out the wifi connection time out error or Skybox f3 . my skybox f3 is able to locate wifi but unable to connect to to wifi spot
Its a usual thing experienced sometimes. All u need to do is get their official usb wifi dongle or if u can't, then restart ur system then keep trying to connect. U can also try changing ur usb wifi dongle to get the best connection.
Back to top Go down
nalucha
Amateur
Amateur
nalucha

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-11-05, 15:03

what is the brand name of the official dongle for sky box f3 so that i can search for it on aliexpress
Back to top Go down
isaac311
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-11-05, 17:25

nalucha wrote:
Usually happens wen u r connecting to one network before you disconnect from your previous one.
most of the time u will restart decorder it connects to your WiFi network automatically so u must go to WiFi manager and disconnect from your old WiFi network then scan new networks and connect to New WiFi network.
simple
Back to top Go down
nalucha
Amateur
Amateur
nalucha

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-11-08, 06:04

Thanks it now connecting all one needs to do is to activate the ethernet mode in network settings inorder to deactivatethe wifi mode then the receiver will reboot there after activate the wifi after rebooting it will connect. It works even better when the y4/twin protocol is off.
Back to top Go down
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-11-08, 07:06

Good job,it's will benefit so many of our members using this receiver.
Back to top Go down
Wolex ib
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty2013-11-08, 07:14

Gudmorning house
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skybox f4 gprs setting issues   skybox f4 gprs setting issues Empty

Back to top Go down

skybox f4 gprs setting issues
Page 1 of 1