Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
harrisyn
Novice
Novice

Sex : male

Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty
PostSubject: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 15:45

Hi Guys,
Anyone has experience with this decoder? how to set it up for CCCAM etc.
I used to have options for Wifi manager, RSS feeds, weather in the tools menu, now its all gone and I wonder if anyone knows how to get those options back.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
AmmarGaffar
Novice
Novice
AmmarGaffar

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 15:58

I am using Star Track O2 HD 2012, but it is Linux based receiver made in Korea, and I think there is only Platinium 1 H.D as per their official website here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one is not Linux based receiver, and I don't have experience with non-Linux based receiver.
Any new receiver came with factory software which is not supporting any type of sharing, and it must be updated.

Anyhow be sure before updating your receiver software by selecting the right software, and if your receiver is a Chinese clone for Star Track then it is better to take it to a technician for helping you to reduce losing your HD box, because Chinese peoples has their own cloned Software.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
harrisyn
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 16:07

Hi Ammargaffer, thats exactly what I have.
thanks for the link, i will try their software and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
AmmarGaffar
Novice
Novice
AmmarGaffar

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 16:15

harrisyn wrote:
Hi Ammargaffer, thats exactly what I have.
thanks for the link, i will try their software and see what happens.

Be careful my friend, this type of receiver is not common, so if anything went wrong you may encounter serious problems.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
harrisyn
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 16:45

Just flashed the software from the site, it changed the firmware version but I still dont see the other options I used to have in Menu -> tools
used to see WIFI manager, News RSS and Weather.
now I only see Information, Factory Settings, Conditional Access, Upgrade by USB (used to also include Upgrade via network) and Media Player.

The site included Plugins for all their receivers however I am not sure how to install the plugins, found instructions from a different site that suggested I copy the plugin folder into the root of a pendrive and stick it in the USB port and that the decoder would see it and install, I have done exactly that, but the decoder doesnt notice it.

is this something you have an idea of?

You have been really helpful.
Back to top Go down
AmmarGaffar
Novice
Novice
AmmarGaffar

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 16:59

Usually Star Track STBs plugin installation are same, format or empty your flash and put the plugin folder in the root of your flash memory and just plug it, the software automatically notify you about plugin installation.

Let me search for you in Arab Forums, because the Star Track Company is located in Dubai and the most users are in Middle East.

I will feed back you soon.

Regards
Back to top Go down
harrisyn
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 17:09

thanks Ammar, you will be saving my life (theoritically)....fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
AmmarGaffar
Novice
Novice
AmmarGaffar

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 17:46

For now, all users are doing factory reset after upgrading software.
Your receiver has some codes for activating hidden features, what I found:
1- Press Menu then Select Tools and press 8888 and see what will appears.
2- For NewCamd : Menu > Tools > Network > Local Setting > App Selected > Press 0000
3- For Twin Protocol which is used when you have an external dongle: Menu > Other > Ok > Press 8888

I am still searching for clones, it seems your decoder is share the same software of some Truman decoders.

Check above codes and tell me, and note none of plugins in the official website will work with you.

Regards
Back to top Go down
harrisyn
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 17:49

Ammar, I owe you!!
8888 worked, and displayed the missing menu items Very Happy bounce
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Back to top Go down
AmmarGaffar
Novice
Novice
AmmarGaffar

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 18:07

harrisyn wrote:
Ammar, I owe you!!
8888 worked, and displayed the missing menu items Very Happy bounce
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

You are welcome. And you have to do this step every time you update your receiver.
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 18:30

Good work @ AmmarGaffer
Back to top Go down
http://drdanskills@yahoo.com
AmmarGaffar
Novice
Novice
AmmarGaffar

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 18:40

Drdanskills wrote:
Good work @ AmmarGaffer

My duty brother.
Back to top Go down
harrisyn
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty2012-10-31, 18:41

Yep Drdanskills, I am soo glad he showed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver   Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver Empty

Back to top Go down

Startrack Platinum HD 2010 receiver
Page 1 of 1