Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-24, 21:46

Congo coach Claude Le Roy couldn’t stop talking about his team’s famous victory over the Super Eagles in Calabar during the Africa Nations Cup qualifiers. After Congo pipped Gabon 1-0 at the Bata Stadium in a Group A match at the on going 2015 AFCON in Equatorial Guinea, Le Roy recalled he felt like that magical night in Calabar.
During the post match press conference, the Frenchman pronounced the name “Nigeria” four times as though the team he had just played against were the Super Eagles.
“I am really proud of the morale and strength my team displayed (Wednesday night). That was what they showed against Nigeria during the qualifiers,” Le Roy said, in reference to his team’s 3-2 triumph over the Super Eagles in Calabar.
When asked what was behind his team’s success against the Panthers of Gabon, the former Ghana and DR Congo coach chose Nigeria as response once more.
“Look, we are a young and unexposed team but right from the qualifying campaign my players proved that they can get to places. Imagine we were the only team who went to beat Nigeria on their home turf in Calabar after many decades. No other team had gone to Nigeria and defeat the Super Eagles there for many years.”
Responding to another question on whether he would go for a draw against Burkina Faso in the group’s final match which would seal Congo’s qualification to the knockout phase, Le Roy fumed, took off his glasses and said.
“I never prepare my team for a draw. That was exactly what I was told to do when we travelled to play Nigeria in Calabar. But I said no, that I wanted a win, which eventually happened,” he said.
Back to top Go down
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-24, 21:54

Mtchew...
Back to top Go down
sunnyga
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-25, 07:46

the guy no serious
Back to top Go down
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-25, 07:48

We are going bounce back in the year 2017
Back to top Go down
sunnyga
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-25, 07:50

exactly!
Back to top Go down
faithchild
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-25, 09:27

is it that the so called le roy have a 1mb memory.or will i remix it for him short circuit memory.he came to nigeria took advantage of NFF mess up.he called that a win.did we not go to his country congo to beat them 2:0.on head to head we defeated them.or did he not tell his boys to play for a win.or he instructed his boys to lose.i beg he is not mocking nigeria.na himself he de mock.he makea me laugh in chinish
Back to top Go down
faithchild
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-25, 09:33

stainlez wrote:
We are going bounce back in the year 2017
my chairman how far.good morning to u.let me correct u if u will not take offence.things has changed.nigeria will not bounce back but bounce forward.we cant go back again.if we must bounce not backward but forward in 2017.hahahahahah.i hope i make plenty sense
Back to top Go down
eddyvic
Expert
Expert
eddyvic

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-25, 12:24

No be him fault, na god of football cause ham.
Back to top Go down
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty2015-01-25, 21:46

Football get god ni?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles   Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles Empty

Back to top Go down

Afcon 2015: Le Roy mocks Eagles
Page 1 of 1