Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashawo
Leader
Leader
Ashawo

canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty
PostSubject: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-17, 11:59

Today's Yahoo's and Dailymail.co.uk post by one Lucas Peterson that a restaurant in Nigeria, serving human flesh was shutdown is the height of speculative and junk journalism for two widely read media platforms. ( 1 (http://www.eater.com/2015/5/15/8613497/nigerian-restaurant-shut-down-for-serving-human-flesh} 2 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084326/Nigerian-restaurant-shut-serving-HUMAN-flesh-bags-containing-human-heads-bleeding.html)
This news as published by Yahoo and Dailymail are entirely unfounded. According to a reliable source, this same piece of news was released in May 2013; from a source that could not back up the said story. Why Yahoo / Dailymail UK decided to put this report back on their various headlines this morning is a crude attempt by them to give the dog a bad name to hang it.
Please read this utterly absurd publication, a complete ridiculous attempt to embarrass Nigerians:

A hotel restaurant in Anambra, Nigeria has been shuttered by authorities for serving human flesh. According to the BBC, suspicious residents told police of rumors that the restaurant was cooking human meat for customers. Police then raided the restaurant, where they discovered fresh human heads that were still bleeding. The blood was in the process of being drained into a plastic bag.

In addition to the illegal meat, authorities discovered automatic weapons, grenades, and cell phones. Ten people were arrested in conjunction with the crimes. One resident said, "Every time I went to the market, I observed strange activities going on in the hotel. People who were never cleanly dressed and who looked a bit strange made their way in and out of the hotel, making me very suspicious of their activities. I am not surprised at the shocking revelation."

A priest who ate at the restaurant was alarmed when presented with a bill of 700 Naira, or roughly $3.50 (Tens of millions of people in Nigeria subsist on less than $1 a day). "The attendant noticed my reaction and told me it was the small piece of meat I had eaten that made the bill scale that high," he said. "I did not know I had been served with human meat, and that it was that expensive."

Last year, Australian chef Marcus Volke murdered and cooked his girlfriend before killing himself. In Brazil, also last year, a man and two women were arrested for murdering potential nanny candidates and then cooking their flesh into empanadas.

Update 5/15; 11:24 p.m. EST: Though the BBC reported this story locally on Wednesday, 5/13, upon further review, another source suggests the story may be two years old or from a disputed source.

This writer called the Anambra police command to confirm this story and was told such an incident never happened. So, I need the publisher of this story to let us know her source, for this story is a complete hogwash!
Back to top Go down
Twogoods
Expert
Expert
Twogoods

Sex : Male

canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-17, 20:24

Good
Back to top Go down
http://www.fb.com/inforNaij
eddyvic
Expert
Expert
eddyvic

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-18, 03:41

Oga o, fake news ke
Back to top Go down
Twogoods
Expert
Expert
Twogoods

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-18, 04:47

What
Back to top Go down
eddyvic
Expert
Expert
eddyvic

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-18, 05:03

Read the news
Back to top Go down
Twogoods
Expert
Expert
Twogoods

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-18, 05:05

Ok
Back to top Go down
eddyvic
Expert
Expert
eddyvic

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-18, 05:12

Yes
Back to top Go down
isaac311
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-18, 08:21

sometimes these western countries can enjoy putting down Africa.
Back to top Go down
eddyvic
Expert
Expert
eddyvic

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-18, 08:30

Nah so
Back to top Go down
delafirst
Leader
Leader

Sex : mele

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty2015-05-18, 10:21

True talk my bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria   canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria Empty

Back to top Go down

canibalism in Nigeria - fake news published by yahoo and bbc to embarrass Nigeria
Page 1 of 1