Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!

Go down 
+11
Lala-deuce
wallyjohnny
moschnitnt
bellokingson
muja-baya
ekkywolex
ALORVEY
ARISEKOLADE
yemiola
tdalyn
Americas_man
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Americas_man
Amateur
Amateur
Americas_man

AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty
PostSubject: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-01, 21:35

I don't know why so many people are scared of D**tv closing down Avatar! Dongle business is thriving in Europe, Asia, South America. SKY in the UK was long hacked more than 10yrs ago. Showtime was also hacked long too. Major providers in Europe, Asia were long hacked till as i speak. Mind you these are providers that have the latest encryption technology, financial muscle, political will, connection and the viewers. Even all these providers with their collective effort dongle is still thriving there. But most dongle manufacturers underestimated the African market and D**tv were smiling to the banks.( D*tv were the only provider that was not hacked and they had bragging right ) Dongle business in Africa is big business and Avatar has just made it so. I bet you would see more dongle manufacturer graving for the African market.
D*tv is no way match to dongle. Dongle will only come out stronger and waxier!
Back to top Go down
tdalyn
Amateur
Amateur
tdalyn

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-01, 21:45

Americas_man wrote:
I don't know why so many people are scared of D**tv closing down Avatar! Dongle business is thriving in Europe, Asia, South America. SKY in the UK was long hacked more than 10yrs ago. Showtime was also hacked long too. Major providers in Europe, Asia were long hacked till as i speak. Mind you these are providers that have the latest encryption technology, financial muscle, political will, connection and the viewers. Even all these providers with their collective effort dongle is still thriving there. But most dongle manufacturers underestimated the African market and D**tv were smiling to the banks.( D*tv were the only provider that was not hacked and they had bragging right ) Dongle business in Africa is big business and Avatar has just made it so. I bet you would see more dongle manufacturer graving for the African market.

BRO TELL DEM AGAIN
DONGLE FOR LIFE
Back to top Go down
yemiola
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
yemiola

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-01, 22:56

na true talk
Back to top Go down
ARISEKOLADE
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-01, 23:32

even if its a lie its a good compose, bros i feel you good thinking
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 03:05

Nice topic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 06:43

Americas_man wrote:
BROS I DEY FILL U/
Back to top Go down
ALORVEY
Novice
Novice
ALORVEY

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 08:39

Well said bros
Back to top Go down
ekkywolex
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 10:38

I believe you.
Back to top Go down
muja-baya
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 11:34

Bros, well said but for the time being we are in trouble, several boxes of AVATAR at the office will be a loss to me. come engineers do your work, we are 100% behind u
Back to top Go down
bellokingson
Amateur
Amateur
bellokingson

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 11:45

So DSTV Should let the sleeping dogs lies
Back to top Go down
moschnitnt
Senior
Senior
moschnitnt

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 12:20

bellokingson wrote:
So DSTV Should let the sleeping dogs lies

If they dont wants the dogs to lie, let the kepp the awake I dont care. The only remedy they will is to shut down their operation, once the new dongles come in. Africa will be filled with dongles. Avatar all the way.
Back to top Go down
http://asasoft.webs.com
wallyjohnny
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 12:30

Americas_man has said it all.

Dongle dream will soon be a reality. I love ur write up.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
moschnitnt
Senior
Senior
moschnitnt

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 12:46

DSTV moved to w7 eutelsat:

Eutelsat W4, the satellite that beams DStv signals to residents of West Africa, is fast nearing the end of its life span. It was launched on 24th May 2000 from Space Launch Complex 36B at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in the USA. According to Wikipedia:

Following its launch and on-orbit testing, it was placed in geostationary orbit at 36° East, from where it provides communications services to Russia and Africa. It carries thirty one transponders, and has an expected on-orbit lifespan of 12 years.

MultiChoice Africa, operators of the DStv service, have big plans for Africa. It is thus only a natural progression that they aim to offer more channels and better service. This is where the new Eutelsat W7 satellite comes in.

Eutelsat W7 is a communications satellite in the W Series, operated by Eutelsat. It will be located at 36°E. It was launched by November 23, 2009 14:19 GMT, and will have a lifetime of about 15 years (up to 2024). W7 will be the most powerful spacecraft in the fleet of Eutelsat. It will be colocated with Eutelsat’s W4 satellite at the 36 degrees East position. Digital broadcasting and direct-to-home video services will be beamed to customers in Russia and sub-Saharan Africa using W7.

So how does Eutelsat W7 fit into the overall growth strategy of DStv? This was the question put to Harry Pratt, Business Development Manager at MultiChoice Africa by VIA (Eutelsat’s magazine) in March 2009:

What are your plans for the future and how will Eutelsat’s W7 satellite, which launches later this year, fit into your strategy?
W7 will give us additional capacity, enabling us to expand the number of channels we offer and to develop our service to countries in the horn of Africa. It will also allow MultiChoice Africa to bring another first to Africa with the delivery of high definition channels to subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa. We have invested more than one billion dollars over the past ten years, in both infrastructure and content, across 48 countries and the introduction of HDTV channels will further enhance our offering, to ensure it is in line with the best operators from around the world.

Since W4 and W7 are colocated at 36.0°E, DStv subscribers would not have to turn their respective satellite dishes but might only have to edit some parameters on the DStv decoder. DStv is yet to release these parameters but I would mess with mine so you don’t have to, and release the data via this blog, later.

Stay tuned for details about DStv’s High Definition TV (HDTV) strategy.

This is my first blog post in 2010. Happy New Year and I wish you the very best in 2010 and beyond. Keep reading this blog for useful information and analysis regarding technology & more, in Africa.

For those who do not know already, there a few unencrypted channels on Eutelsat W4 and Eutelsat W7, both located at 36° East. DStv was formerly on W4 but is now beaming its signals from W7. The information I am sharing relates to how to view the unencrypted channels that share the same satellite as Multichoice’s DStv, and not how to illegally hack into DStv’s encrypted channels.

DStv decoders are designed, manufactured and sold to receive Multichoice services only. Therefore, I offer no guarantee that all the channels I am sharing would necessarily work on your DStv decoder. The DStv HD decoder for example, does not offer a “Public bouquet” and even for the single view decoders that do, one might be unable to watch the unencrypted channels once subscription is overdue. It would thus make the most sense to simply buy a good MPEG4-compatible digital satellite receiver and connect same to your satellite dish. There would be more on that later.

For those who do not know already, there a few unencrypted channels on Eutelsat W4 and Eutelsat W7, both located at 36° East. DStv was formerly on W4 but is now beaming its signals from W7. The information I am sharing relates to how to view the unencrypted channels that share the same satellite as Multichoice’s DStv, and not how to illegally hack into DStv’s encrypted channels.

DStv decoders are designed, manufactured and sold to receive Multichoice services only. Therefore, I offer no guarantee that all the channels I am sharing would necessarily work on your DStv decoder. The DStv HD decoder for example, does not offer a “Public bouquet” and even for the single view decoders that do, one might be unable to watch the unencrypted channels once subscription is overdue. It would thus make the most sense to simply buy a good MPEG4-compatible digital satellite receiver and connect same to your satellite dish. There would be more on that later.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS
Back to top Go down
http://asasoft.webs.com
Lala-deuce
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 13:02

????????
Back to top Go down
Lala-deuce
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 13:06

Is **** only d sat you watch? Mind you, Nss7, Intel 7/10 and W3a is there for you enjoyment. Enough football and movies are on Nss7
Back to top Go down
gbadestic
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 13:22

I luv ur coment man avatar dongle 4 live soon be back.
Back to top Go down
hibeeke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hibeeke

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-02, 16:55

I respect the brains behind avatar, I say thank you and this is to let you know you are appreciated
Back to top Go down
guru4life
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-04, 16:15

Please guys where can I buy Avatar Dongle in Nigeria? Preferably Lagos or Port harcourt.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Back to top Go down
adewoyin
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-04, 16:42

U can buy it at Dstv office at ikeja..Some ? Are fung...Or synagogue
Back to top Go down
ARISEKOLADE
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-04, 18:01

NO AT DSTV OFFICE ONIREKE IBADAN
Back to top Go down
ARISEKOLADE
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-04, 18:05

IS THIS DSTV WAN OFF,WHEN I DE WATCHOOO
Back to top Go down
hibeeke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hibeeke

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-04, 18:33

ARISEKOLADE wrote:
IS THIS DSTV WAN OFF,WHEN I DE WATCHOOO
Why won't it go off you don yap someone and he has probably cursed the signals to go back on scrambled lol!
Back to top Go down
guru4life
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-08, 20:02

adewoyin wrote:

For once, I thought the people here were different from those on NairaLand, but it seems some uncivilised Lagosians are here too.
Please, abeg, I no do yanga, anyone with useful comments and replies should kindly let me know where i can get the requested info.
Back to top Go down
Lala-deuce
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty2011-09-08, 20:59

adewoyin wrote:

??????? WHatz that? Simply ignore the question, if you can't give concrete answer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!   AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs! Empty

Back to top Go down

AvAtAr BuSiNeSs Is BiG BuSiNeSs!
Page 1 of 1