Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Avatar Upgrade

Go down 
+44
Stevolat
bejs
sessyone
microsat
Kay2cee
exga
Drdanskills
step
robeng
ancl
ARISEKOLADE
daysat1
Suny11
felx
lawal012000
geefivez
adewoyin
number7
mrman
moschnitnt
Isaac Nana Kofi Asenso
airbender
hibeeke
aginell
Prex19
versace400
biss1
stan4luv
Don1
akanjoe
femola77
abou1
chelski
moschnitnt1
Precious4luv
yinka123
wallyjohnny
scubbey
fluzy7
tdalyn
techserve
Amet
jumbo
48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jumbo
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-19, 22:03

i upgrade my avatar dongle and the right light always show. no green light. i used the av cable to connect to my tv but there was no display.

please help me out to reset my avatar dongle
Back to top Go down
Amet
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-19, 22:13

I think you used a wrong software, but if u have correct software don't worry try again and it will work, cheers
Back to top Go down
techserve
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-19, 22:14

Check the cable end the black part goes into your reciever the other blue end is connected to the dongle. Once you are sure the upgrade is satified ok!...
Back to top Go down
jumbo
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-19, 22:18

i did it and the second time it couldnt connet. the error message says target error or connect error
Back to top Go down
tdalyn
Amateur
Amateur
tdalyn

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-19, 22:30

jumbo wrote:
i did it and the second time it couldnt connet. the error message says target error or connect error

use Avatar-2 Downloader
Back to top Go down
fluzy7
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-19, 22:44

i think we should all stay calm and not rush into downloading softwares in the name of upgrades since this could be catastrophic and we may end up killing the dongle forever
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 13:14

Am having the same problem is their any way forward for it???????
Back to top Go down
wallyjohnny
Amateur
Amateur

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 15:31

@jumbo,

send me ur email address. I did it for more than 10times. But its working for me now
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 15:59

wallyjohnny wrote:
@jumbo,

send me ur email address. I did it for more than 10times. But its working for me now

please will be so grateful if it can work again and please if you can give the working software as well so i will not that of mistake again (avatar 1 sd strong 4669xii) i am very sorry i just join the forum and the admin did not allow me to send my email for now till 7days so please can i give you my phone number so you can send text to me and i will use it to send my email to you Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 16:02

wallyjohnny wrote:
@jumbo,

please will be so grateful if it can work again and please if you can give the working software as well so i will not that of mistake again (avatar 1 sd strong 4669xii) i am very sorry i just join the forum and the admin did not allow me to send my email for now till 7days so please can i give you my phone number so you can send text to me and i will use it to send my email to you 08029813864 Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 16:08

wallyjohnny wrote:
@jumbo,

PLease i don't know how the guru in the can help me out with my avatar 1. I downloaded new update software from Naija-your-talk ending with extention bin (.bin file) after updating the sofware on the avatar dongle which it went sucessfully the next thing i saw was red light permanently on the lock side i try to reload the formal software but the computer refuse to connect with the avatar he was saying "target error or connect error" after that, i try to connect the av cable that came with it to the tv and the avatar but was showing nothing. please how can i go about it or is their any firmware to repair it back. I will be glad only if anyone can help out. affraid
Back to top Go down
yinka123
Senior
Senior
yinka123

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 16:54

let be sincere for once what is really happening ?
Back to top Go down
wallyjohnny
Amateur
Amateur

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 16:59

just follow the procedures on this thread. same thing happened to me. bUT MINE IS NOW WORKING
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 17:42

For me i have done d upgrade successfully but my A****r lock light still stand red, the stb light is not blinking. Pls i need an avatar technical solution on it.
Back to top Go down
moschnitnt1
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 18:13

Precious4luv wrote:
For me i have done d upgrade successfully but my A****r lock light still stand red, the stb light is not blinking. Pls i need an avatar technical solution on it.

pls try and disconnect the lnb from the avatar, as well as serial cable. reconnect them. turn the power on and voila!! You may also have the lock light standing red wen the weather is bad OR if the you used the wrong firmware. This is wat people usually describe as frying your avatar. if thats the case, I will upload the original firmware for you. wen you use it and get the lock light as green, then you upgrade with the Lsa.CBT.... file.

Pls let me know the outcome
Back to top Go down
chelski
Senior
Senior

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 18:15

Precious4luv wrote:
check your w3 signal
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 19:09

wallyjohnny wrote:
@jumbo,

Thank you very much wallyjohnny for your concern and the call as well i really appreciate it God bless you more than you expect.
I have already gotten the downloader and the pdf already i got it from avatardongle.u61.com site what mean is that i got wrong software i have done d upgrade successfully but my AV.........R lock light still stand red, the stb light is not even blinking at all and when ever i try to reconnect again this is what it says

open serial port....
sync to serial port....
target error or connect error.

all because i formally upgraded wrong software and the AV..........R lock light was on permanent red light and the stb light is not on at all is how it happened in you own as well please i need straight solution. but i will still try the idea you gave me first Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 19:11

wallyjohnny wrote:
@jumbo,

Thank you very much wallyjohnny for your concern and the call as well i really appreciate it God bless you more than you expect.
I have already gotten the downloader and the pdf already i got it from avatardongle.u61.com site what mean is that i got wrong software i have done d upgrade successfully but my AV.........R lock light still stand red, the stb light is not even blinking at all and when ever i try to reconnect again this is what it says

open serial port....
sync to serial port....
target error or connect error.

all because i formally upgraded wrong software and the AV..........R lock light was on permanent red light and the stb light is not on at all is how it happened in you own as well please i need straight solution. but i will still try the idea you gave me first Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 19:24

chairman, if u have d av cord and remote control.reset to factory setting and try d soft again.
Back to top Go down
http://alanengservices.webs.com
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 19:25

chairman, if u have d av cord and remote control.reset to factory setting and try d soft again.
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 19:26

Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-20, 19:28

Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 12:16

abou1 wrote:

Is not even showing on the tv anymore just show that red lock light.
Please what can i do is my AV.......r gone forever???
Back to top Go down
wallyjohnny
Amateur
Amateur

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 12:39

@ Jumbo, if u have d av cord and remote control.reset to factory setting and try d soft again.

Try another av cORD, MINE TOO DID NOT SHOW ON tv, I tut I had lost the AVATAR but I summoned courage to redownload the correct version of the software and it later worked.

The only thing I did different was to save the SW (BIN FILE) on C drive on my TOSHIBA LAPTOP.

AT LAST it did work, I did for a friend whose AVATAR was showing RED all thru did not even blink, connected it to the TV, it never showed.

After he gave me the AVATAR 2 , I connected thru the serial port, redownloaded the correct version of Aug 2011, and it did work. The guy is enjoying it now. I did that 3 days ago.

keep on trying, NO MATTER HOW DARK THE CLOUD MIGHT BE, THERE IS ALWAYS A SILVER LINNING
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 12:59

wallyjohnny wrote:
@ Jumbo, if u have d av cord and remote control.reset to factory setting and try d soft again.

Try another av cORD, MINE TOO DID NOT SHOW ON tv, I tut I had lost the AVATAR but I summoned courage to redownload the correct version of the software and it later worked.

The only thing I did different was to save the SW (BIN FILE) on C drive on my TOSHIBA LAPTOP.

AT LAST it did work, I did for a friend whose AVATAR was showing RED all thru did not even blink, connected it to the TV, it never showed.

After he gave me the AVATAR 2 , I connected thru the serial port, redownloaded the correct version of Aug 2011, and it did work. The guy is enjoying it now. I did that 3 days ago.

keep on trying, NO MATTER HOW DARK THE CLOUD MIGHT BE, THERE IS ALWAYS A SILVER LINNING

what is really baffled me so much is that i have use that the same av cable on another box and it was showing but still the same thing on my own and if i can see it on the tv and reset it at all or can we just do it like this let just assume that is phone that the screen is bad and you want to reset it to factory default it as to use another phone to do that, So can you do this favor for me by sending the process through you own remote how i can reset it to factory setting without plugin it to tv may be that can still work before i proceed to another step. This scubbey thanks.
Back to top Go down
wallyjohnny
Amateur
Amateur

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 13:08

@ Jumbo

At the moment am in the office, very busy. Just felt bad that u ve not bn able to get the stuff up.

I do hope other forumites might come to your rescue or when I get back home later.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 13:27

wallyjohnny wrote:
@ scubbey

At the moment am in the office, very busy. Just felt bad that u ve not bn able to get the stuff up.

I do hope other forumites might come to your rescue or when I get back home later.
Cheers

i will bw very happy if you do that for me because for almost 4 hours yesterday night i was battling with but all the same i will be waiting till you get to the office thanks.
Back to top Go down
femola77
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 13:42

i am having the same problem here. Plase, somebody should direct us on how to reset the avatar to factory settings.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 14:12

femola77 wrote:
i am having the same problem here. Plase, somebody should direct us on how to reset the avatar to factory settings.

Thanks
Do you have the Av cord and the remote. if you have then good to go.
just plug it to your avatar and the tv, as soon as you do that, you will be required to enter a passpord, just enter 0000.
then scroll to system setting, scroll down you get to reset to factory, just press ok on the remote, you will also see a box requiring for a password enter 0000 and scroll down to reset to factory and press ok. goodluck
Back to top Go down
akanjoe
Senior
Senior

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 14:28

i have simillar problem too,when you connect the AV cord,its not even displaying...And another thing is it the GXdownloader or the Avatar tool is what is recommended..i need help,please call or mail me thanks..
akanjoe2k@yahoo.com and 08022074457
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 15:09

akanjoe wrote:
i have simillar problem too,when you connect the AV cord,its not even displaying...And another thing is it the GXdownloader or the Avatar tool is what is recommended..i need help,please call or mail me thanks..

What do you mean, please explain in a more clearer way, so i can direct you as well.
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 15:17

@akanjoe, are you talking of upgrading your avatar or factory re Question setting of your avatar. Question
Back to top Go down
chelski
Senior
Senior

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 16:10

Precious4luv wrote:
akanjoe wrote:

What do Preciouspepperrested@yahoo.com
you mean, please explain in a more clearer way, so i can direct you as well.
they should call you?too funny
Back to top Go down
Don1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Don1

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 16:21

chelski wrote:
Precious4luv wrote:
akanjoe wrote:

What do Preciouspepperrested@yahoo.com
you mean, please explain in a more clearer way, so i can direct you as well.
they should call you?too funny
LOL...the guy needs help...remember when u were fresh here...just putting myself in his shoes...
Back to top Go down
stan4luv
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-21, 17:07

try and been connect to the net and re update ur avatar2 it we wok well for you now
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-22, 18:45

Can anybody in the house come to my rescue please my AV......r problem as it gone forever.

PLease i don't know how the guru in the can help me out with my avatar 1. I downloaded new update software from Naija-your-talk ending with extention bin (.bin file) after updating the sofware on the avatar dongle which it went sucessfully the next thing i saw was red light permanently on the lock side i try to reload the formal software but the computer refuse to connect with the avatar he was saying "target error or connect error" after that, i try to connect the av cable that came with it to the tv and the avatar but was showing nothing. please how can i go about it or is their any firmware to repair it back. I will be glad only if anyone can help out. affraid
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-23, 13:48

ehmmmmm
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 15:24

sundayakobabs@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
akanjoe
Senior
Senior

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 15:42

i think i did a wrong upgrade and the light is still showing red..pluging the Av cable to do factory setting its not even displaying..
Back to top Go down
akanjoe
Senior
Senior

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 15:46

i think i did a wrong upgrade and the light is still showing red..pluging the Av cable to do factory setting its not even displaying..
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 17:17

akanjoe wrote:

Akanjoe is like we are the only two person that this ava.....r red light is affecting that why we did not any other person help us and for me i don't think i will ever give up because am not even ready to buy another AV........r i rather buy Mc..........x all because they give maximum response to any problems their customer may have Well am still hopping.
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 17:22

akanjoe wrote:

Akanjoe is like we are the only two person that this ava.....r red light is affecting that why we did not any other person help us and for me i don't think i will ever give up because am not even ready to buy another AV........r i rather buy Mc..........x all because they give maximum response to any problems their customer may have Well am still hopping. sundayakobabs@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
biss1
Amateur
Amateur

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 19:26

scubbey wrote:
akanjoe wrote:

Akanjoe is like we are the only two person that this ava.....r red light is affecting that why we did not any other person help us and for me i don't think i will ever give up because am not even ready to buy another AV........r i rather buy Mc..........x all because they give maximum response to any problems their customer may have Well am still hopping. sundayakobabs@yahoo.com

I do not have avatar1 but i believe you could use:
upgrade.exe (upgrade tool application) and load this software (intelset_w3_avata.abs) which I was told does not freeze.

I guess you have the two software and I pray this helps.
Back to top Go down
versace400
Senior
Senior
versace400

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 20:35

Pls am experiencing the same thing my avatar 1 too oooo. So it nt only two of u. I have tried everything i could bt no show yet. Pls dont leave me behind incase you find any solution
Back to top Go down
Prex19
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 21:13

Hello guys. I'm having problem with my Avatar2 working with my 4669Z. I've tested it on 4669x, & it's working. But, it does not work on my z. Any help?
Back to top Go down
aginell
Novice
Novice

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 21:58

It happened to me but I tried the old software after re-starting my computer, and it worked.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
versace400
Senior
Senior
versace400

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-27, 22:42

Pls can u help us with the old software u used and how u go about it?
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-28, 13:36

versace400 wrote:

mind you is not even displaying anything when you connect it to TV through is AV cable and the cable was tested with another AV...r but it worked it was only showing that of red light on the lock side. PLEASE WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM I TRUST THE GURU IN THE HOUSE THAT THEY WILL NEVER STOP THE SEARCHING ON TILL THEY GET IT RIGHT.
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-28, 14:15

scubbey wrote:
versace400 wrote:

mind you is not even displaying anything when you connect it to TV through is AV cable and the cable was tested with another AV...r but it worked it was only showing that of red light on the lock side. PLEASE WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM I TRUST THE GURU IN THE HOUSE THAT THEY WILL NEVER STOP THE SEARCHING ON TILL THEY GET IT RIGHT.

Please switch the rs232 cable, use the end that is connected to the avatar for the decoder and the end that is connected to the decoder to be for avatar.
Back to top Go down
scubbey
Novice
Novice
scubbey

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty2011-09-28, 14:24

Precious4luv wrote:
scubbey wrote:
versace400 wrote:

Please switch the rs232 cable, use the end that is connected to the avatar for the decoder and the end that is connected to the decoder to be for avatar.

Have done that before has this happen to you before and it worked?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Avatar Upgrade   Bad Avatar Upgrade Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Avatar Upgrade
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next