Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abia govt not paying me pension, says Ex-Gov Orji

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luscious concept
Amateur
Amateur
Luscious concept

Sex : Female

Abia govt not paying me pension, says Ex-Gov Orji  Empty
PostSubject: Abia govt not paying me pension, says Ex-Gov Orji    Abia govt not paying me pension, says Ex-Gov Orji  Empty2017-01-26, 11:05

ABUJA—FORMER governor of Abia State and senator representing Abia Central senatorial zone, Theodore Orji, yesterday, said his home state, where he served as governor for eight years was not paying him pension. Orji, whose denial was a response to media reports that he currently enjoys pension from Abia State Government even as a current Senator representing Abia Central senatorial zone in the National Assembly, insisted that the report listing him among former governors drawing money from their states as pension was false. *Gov Theodore Orji The media report had listed the senator among 21 former governors and other officers including those serving as ministers, who are earning salaries from their present engagements and at the same time drawing pensions from their state governments. But in a statement issued in Abuja yesterday, and signed by his media and legislative aide, Eddie Onuzuruike, the politician said he could not enjoy a double pay knowing fully well the implication as a seasoned public servant. The statement read thus: “Let it be known to all and sundry that Senator T.A. Orji is not drawing any of such funds from Abia State, knowing the full implications of such an act.” As a man who went through the rungs of the civil service, from the Administrative Officer to the Permanent Secretary cadre, he is fully aware of the code guiding retirement of officers and so would not violate same. “The public at the same time is advised to disregard this unwholesome fallacy as it is unfounded and basically false in its entirety.”
Back to top Go down
donT72
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sex : male

Abia govt not paying me pension, says Ex-Gov Orji  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abia govt not paying me pension, says Ex-Gov Orji    Abia govt not paying me pension, says Ex-Gov Orji  Empty2017-01-26, 14:57

Did he pay pension when he was a Governor
Back to top Go down

Abia govt not paying me pension, says Ex-Gov Orji
Page 1 of 1