Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FRSC sanctions commercial drivers over speed limit device

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luscious concept
Amateur
Amateur
Luscious concept

Sex : Female

FRSC sanctions commercial drivers over speed limit device  Empty
PostSubject: FRSC sanctions commercial drivers over speed limit device    FRSC sanctions commercial drivers over speed limit device  Empty2017-02-02, 08:41

PORT HARCOURT— Federal Road Safety Commission’s mobile court, yesterday, in Port Harcourt, sanctioned about 15 commercial buses for failing to comply with the deadline to install speed limit devices in their vehicles. Sector Commandezr of the commission, in Rivers State, Mr Ayodele Kumapayi, told newsmen that yesterday was the day set aside by the national headquaters of the commission to ascertain compliance by commercial vehicles with the deadline for installation of the speed limit device. FRSC officials He said the sector in the state would continue to monitor commercial vehicles to ensure compliamce, stressing that the speed limit device was to save lives of travellers in commercial vehicles on the highways. Most of the drivers arrested were fined N3,000 with a stern warning to install the device for their own safety and that of other travellers. One of the drivers of a bus heading to Benue state, Mr Festus Ben said he was aware of the deadline but he didn’t expect to be sanctioned that yesterday. He said he was going to install the device immediately. “ I have paid the fine. But I will make sure I install the device this week. I ply Port Harcourt – Benue state. “, he said. The presiding Magistrate, Senior Magistrate Ihua Maduenyi of the Federal road safety Mobile court who sat on Port Harcourt Aba road also sanctioned vehicles for other offences ranging from absent of seat belt
Back to top Go down

FRSC sanctions commercial drivers over speed limit device
Page 1 of 1