Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port

Go down 
+46
chimexy94
pufframmy
Donchucky21
kingofbeer
bejiis
sexxxsexxxy
abelite
stainlez
Olybra
jors
danieltheone
Adams33
Kay2cee
abrahohio
obodo
yaw7x
Safex
Drdanskills
cccamfullhd
tennybiz
sheneneone
kinmen2004
bazzikk
hussein.rachini
Evido78
NAKISEE
saintg6
ojasope
bokediran
munajoe
katiklo
D REAL MAN
ulitox
imothep_xp
ancl
Fishegg45
boe
danapache
Gmailer
AWONUSI
hibeeke
creg.africano
carbo
Roykay
microsat
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
microsat
Expert
Expert

Sex : male

Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty
PostSubject: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-30, 08:30

some strong receivers like SRT 4300, 4910 and others can be connected to the internet for ccCam and some other cool stuffs. This is made possible by the use of an RS232 to RJ45 converter and the right software patch that has where to input IP ADDRESS. You can buy the converter or if you are like me who will like to construct it then follow the link here
with all these you are good to go !
Back to top Go down
microsat
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-30, 08:32

NOTE: choose SSSP in the option menu of the receiver
Back to top Go down
Roykay
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-30, 10:05

Thanks for the Info, because i have being trying to know the function of the SSSP option.
Back to top Go down
carbo
Amateur
Amateur
carbo

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-30, 12:49

Good ideology [quote]

Do you have the right firmware to support cccam on 4669x?
Back to top Go down
microsat
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-30, 13:18

[quote="carbo"]Good ideology
Quote :

Do you have the right firmware to support cccam on 4669x?
pm me your email address
Back to top Go down
creg.africano
Amateur
Amateur
creg.africano

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-30, 13:59

hullo microsat, thanks so much for this thread, it is a good one. i have been researching to make my rj45 cable, but i have failed. i made my own rj45 to db9 but it did not work. i have visited some websites but they provide the cable for modem console. there is a cable that exist that connect computer to modem. it is an rj 45 to db9 cable. remember the chip in the srt 4910, DM9161AEP is the one responsible to connect to rj 45. and for you to connect to rs232 on srt 4910 you either buy a special system that connect through the 3 pin (pin 2,3 and 5) of the receiver. the other pins 1,6,7,8,9 are connected to the chip.

so i would appreciate some one who has successfully constructed a cable . and used it on his srt strong without rj45.

i shall be happy thank you
Back to top Go down
microsat
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-31, 06:22

DHCP configuration sample for strong srt 4300
[CCCam Config]
cccamNum= 1
cccamOnOff= ON
cccamAddr= xxx.xxx.x.x
cccamTcpPort= xxxxx
cccamName= Name
cccamPwd= Password

[CCCam Config]
cccamNum= 2
cccamOnOff= ON
cccamAddr= cccam_0_addr
cccamTcpPort= 11111
cccamName= Name
cccamPwd= Password

[NewCS Config]
newcsNum= 1
newcsOnOff= ON
newcsAddr= xxx.xxx.x.x
newcsTcpPort= 12345
newcsName= Name
newcsPwd= Password
newcsDesKey= 010203040506070809101112131415

[NewCS Config]
newcsNum= 2
newcsOnOff= OFF
newcsAddr= newcs_0_addr
newcsTcpPort= 12345
newcsName= Name
newcsPwd= Password
newcsDesKey= 010203040506070809101112131415
Back to top Go down
microsat
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-31, 06:25

creg.africano wrote:
hullo microsat, thanks so much for this thread, it is a good one. i have been researching to make my rj45 cable, but i have failed. i made my own rj45 to db9 but it did not work. i have visited some websites but they provide the cable for modem console. there is a cable that exist that connect computer to modem. it is an rj 45 to db9 cable. remember the chip in the srt 4910, DM9161AEP is the one responsible to connect to rj 45. and for you to connect to rs232 on srt 4910 you either buy a special system that connect through the 3 pin (pin 2,3 and 5) of the receiver. the other pins 1,6,7,8,9 are connected to the chip.

so i would appreciate some one who has successfully constructed a cable . and used it on his srt strong without rj45.

i have an rs232 to rj45 converter cable i bought but i still want to construct the converter. i will give you a feedback when i'm through successfully
Back to top Go down
microsat
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-31, 07:09

there is no ip settings sofware for 4669xii except 4669x
Back to top Go down
creg.africano
Amateur
Amateur
creg.africano

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-31, 07:19

microsat wrote:
creg.africano wrote:

i have an rs232 to rj45 converter cable i bought but i still want to construct the converter. i will give you a feedback when i'm through successfully

i will be very very happy if you got me the pin out for that rj45-db9. there are things you cant get on google. but it is people like you who can help. i shall give you a reward for that cable. i am going to town to look for the cable and see if i can succed, mean while i also want that pin out.

please where did you buy this cable and what is the name of the cable, i mean serial, code and tag name etc. it is an rj45 to d9 converter i know but what is it called. i should also keep searching on the net

1. we have this adapter on:http://www.pccables.com/01910.html but it wont work, i tried it
2. we have this DB9 Female to RJ45 Modular Adapter:http://www.usconverters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=240

3. we also have here cables:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps332/products_tech_note09186a0080094ce6.shtml

i wish i could get the exact pin out for strong srt 4919
Back to top Go down
creg.africano
Amateur
Amateur
creg.africano

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-31, 10:57

the db9 interface of srt 4910 and chip
Back to top Go down
hibeeke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hibeeke

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2012-12-31, 11:20

This is a very worthy thread and i'm giving it a try sharp sharp. Keep up the good work bro.
Back to top Go down
creg.africano
Amateur
Amateur
creg.africano

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-01, 09:38

microsat wrote:
creg.africano wrote:

hullo microsat, please did you try out that cable on strong srt receiver, did it work out
please if it worked out did you connect it to internet. i will give you $10 gift if i succed with your pin out. i need it
Back to top Go down
AWONUSI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
AWONUSI

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-02, 22:21

microsat. am very greatful 4 d software more great 2 ur elbow.
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-02, 22:50

GooD job microsat! Keep it up
Back to top Go down
danapache
Expert
Expert
danapache

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-03, 01:54

Thanks
Back to top Go down
danapache
Expert
Expert
danapache

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-03, 01:55

Its really informative
Back to top Go down
boe
Expert
Expert
boe

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-03, 02:08

danapache wrote:
Thanks
to who
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-03, 06:04

To nobody! Just flooding to increase his posts.
Back to top Go down
Fishegg45
Leader
Leader
Fishegg45

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-03, 08:10

free d guy, bk to thread topic. I use router wit lan port 2connect ma 4922. No problem. Abi una get any shortcut 4 it?
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-03, 08:13

Dis s new yr let move on wit our topic G-BABA free d guy
Back to top Go down
Fishegg45
Leader
Leader
Fishegg45

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-03, 08:20

if u use multi connection on hd story decoda, error wil occur. Tak note.
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-03, 08:41

K
Back to top Go down
imothep_xp
Novice
Novice
imothep_xp

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-11, 10:22

I come to this to post something here,make it help so and excuse my english.
Me,i use any receiver like strong and FTE witch dont have ethernet port with cccam accounts...Just use a RS232 C cable, with W.S.P or hdvb or gladiator....and SSSP configuration into my receiver.
Ps: for internet connection, even my motorola V3 with my moov cardsim...
Thanks
Back to top Go down
ulitox
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-14, 18:44

imothep_xp wrote:
Me,i use any receiver like strong and FTE witch dont have ethernet port with cccam accounts...Just use a RS232 C cable, with W.S.P or hdvb or gladiator....and SSSP configuration into my receiver.
Thanks

pls which software did u use and which receiver. And is W.S.P or Gladiator or hdvb a hardware?
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-14, 19:15

Wonders and research shall never end Very Happy Very Happy..you better dont fry your box Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
microsat
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-14, 19:20

imothep_xp wrote:
Thanks
i just cant digest your english
Back to top Go down
ulitox
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-14, 19:55

microsat wrote:
imothep_xp wrote:
Thanks
i just cant digest your english

i think he meeant 2 say..."I came here to post a comment and pls excuse my english. As for me I use Strong reciver and FTE(maybe FTE Max receiver) which do not have ethernet port with a ccam account.... i use an RS232 C(converter) cable with W.S.P or hdvb or gladiator... and SSP configuration into my reciver"

thats what I think he was saying
Back to top Go down
katiklo
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-14, 20:48

creg.africano wrote:

Here is the pinout configuration for Rs 232 to RJ45 lan adapter dongle;

NB: Pin 7 for RJ45 is not used & for DB9 female pins 1,2 & 3 are not used.

RJ45. DB9(Female).
Pin 1 to Pin 9
Pin 2 to Pin 8
Pin 3 to Pin 7
Pin 4+5 to Pin 6
Pin 6 to Pin 4
Pin 8 to Pin 5

Set Serial mode option to none.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-15, 07:49

Very technical and stressful! It worth trying though!
Back to top Go down
munajoe
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-15, 09:48

pls microsat since i cant construct can u sell a cable 4 me nd what other model of strong can do d job where do i download software.thanks
Back to top Go down
bokediran
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-15, 16:12

what is the benefit of this cable
Back to top Go down
ojasope
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-15, 16:55

Gmailer wrote:
Very technical and stressful! It worth trying though!
gmailer baba u no dey ask of me again
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-15, 17:31

Ojasope so sorry my brother! I lost my phone, and majority of my contacts. Can you pls pm me your phone number?
Back to top Go down
saintg6
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-15, 21:24

me no even get any friends here o..hmm..na small small sha
Back to top Go down
imothep_xp
Novice
Novice
imothep_xp

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-16, 02:09

ulitox, u are very right...and for WSP,Gladiator and HDVB, they are software you can find by googling them.
Thks
Back to top Go down
danapache
Expert
Expert
danapache

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-16, 04:41

Nice one
Back to top Go down
danapache
Expert
Expert
danapache

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-16, 04:42

Nice one
Back to top Go down
danapache
Expert
Expert
danapache

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-16, 04:46

Nice one
Back to top Go down
microsat
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-16, 05:47

munajoe wrote:
pls microsat since i cant construct can u sell a cable 4 me nd what other model of strong can do d job where do i download software.thanks
i dont sell the cable but you can check computer shops close to you... for the software just send me a pm with your email address specifying the strong receiver you are using and i will send it to you
Back to top Go down
NAKISEE
Novice
Novice
NAKISEE

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-01-16, 08:58

hullo man, did you ever try this cable on srt 4910 without rj45 before? thanks
Back to top Go down
katiklo
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-04, 01:42

NAKISEE wrote:
hullo man, did you ever try this cable on srt 4910 without rj45 before? thanks

It is working perfectly man.
Back to top Go down
creg.africano
Amateur
Amateur
creg.africano

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-04, 05:02

HULLO KATIKLO, IF YOU STAY IN NAIROBI, THAT CAN BE A GOOD DEAL FOR ME. I WILL PAY A VISIT THERE SOON. I HAVE TRIED ALL IDEAS TO CONNECT THIS CABLE TO MY SRT 4910 WITHOUT RJ45. I HAVE FAILED FLAT.TRIED DIAGRAM ON INTERNET, TRIED DIAGRAM ON NAIJA. OPENED THE STRONG TO SEE WIRING BUT NO SUCCESS. SURELY I WILL PAY YOU A REWARD IF YOU GIVE ME THAT CABLE. I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME CONSTRUCTING CABLES WHICH HAVE FAILED TO WORK. MY MAIL IS IN YOUR PM. PLEASE LETS BE IN TOUCH. I SHALL BE VERY VERY DELIGHTED
Back to top Go down
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-04, 06:02

4930L and 4930 works well wit d cable
Back to top Go down
katiklo
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-04, 22:49

007 wrote:
4930L and 4930 works well wit d cable

Yes the cable works well with both 4930 & 4930L. The cable is standard for strong decoders that have no RJ45 ports.
Back to top Go down
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-04, 22:57

very correct
Back to top Go down
Evido78
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-05, 05:32

Thanks Microsat 4 dis wonderful exposition. I need cccam on my SRT4669X with sept. 2011 software. Apart from d RS232 to RJ45 converter, how do I go about it pls?
Back to top Go down
microsat
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-05, 06:31

Evido78 wrote:
Thanks Microsat 4 dis wonderful exposition. I need cccam on my SRT4669X with sept. 2011 software. Apart from d RS232 to RJ45 converter, how do I go about it pls?
you have a router ?
Back to top Go down
Evido78
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-05, 06:53

microsat wrote:
Evido78 wrote:
you have a router ?
No
Back to top Go down
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty2013-02-05, 06:58

get one or use a constructed style
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port   Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port Empty

Back to top Go down

Internet Connectivity on Strong without LAN port
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next