Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashawo
Leader
Leader
Ashawo

JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO) Empty
PostSubject: JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO)   JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO) Empty2014-02-16, 12:37

Tragedy struck last Saturday along the Ikpoba Hill river, along the Benin Agbor road when a police officer identified as Corporal Valentine Ofuamaka (pictured below after his arrest), attached to the Mopol 5, Benin City with force number 364780, shot dead a 35 year old Odion Egbon, a truck driver.

JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO) Killer-cop

The incident caused pandemonium as tanker drivers blocked the entire road searching for the killer cop. However, the Edo state Police Commissioner averted what could have resulted to a bloody clash between the police and tanker drivers when CP Folunso Adebanjo stormed the scene and appealed to the tanker drivers and the families of the deceased to be calm while the police search for the suspect.

Following the tension, the Edo state Police Command issued a statement saying that the runaway police officer is attached to the Police Special Protection Unit and not the Edo State Police Command. CP Adebanjo however vowed that the suspect will be arrested.

However the family of the deceased continued their protest in Benin City and that attracted the attention of Governor Adams Oshiomhole who invited the family to Government House.

Addressing the family, Oshiomhole said, "I want to express my condolences to the family of the Late Odion Egbon. From the narration, a trigger happy policeman killed him. Our laws are clear. Nobody has the right to take the life of another person except as prescribed by the Constitution of Nigeria. Whether you are in uniform or out of uniform, we are all duty bound to respect tLhe laws of the land.

From the narrative, it is clear that the man was inside his truck and there was no scuffle or whatever, so clearly this was one death that was completely avoidable.

The same day the incident happened, the Commissioner of Police called to brief me about this very sad incident and he assured me that everything is being done to apprehend those policemen regardless of whichever unit they belong to. We have a duty not only to protect lives and properties but also to ensure that law enforcement agencies recognise that they too are under the law and they have no right to do this sort of thing that they did. I want to assure you that both the Edo State Government and the Police are doing everything as we speak to track down those policemen who are alleged to be involved in this murder. I have every reason to believe that we will get them and they will be brought to justice.

We will continue to ensure that the protection of the rights of citizens particularly the right to life is respected by all agencies of government, whether it be Federal, State or Local. I assure you that the police are already doing everything possible to ensure that they are brought to justice. To say that it is painful is an understatement and I share your pains, and your grief and the feelings in your heart that someone who went about his business found himself being killed in his truck." The Governor however appreciated the family for not taking the law into their hands saying "the kind of situation would have been enough to trigger a violent protest. So please, don't take laws into your hands. Everything is being done and I believe the outcome will be satisfactory", he assured.
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO) Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO)   JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO) Empty2014-02-16, 13:55

Ashawo and his 'agbosogbanu' news sha! Lolz
Back to top Go down

JUSTICE: Killer Policeman Arrested For Murder To Face Trial (PHOTO)
Page 1 of 1