Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to convert Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) MOV Videos to FCP X

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How to convert Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) MOV Videos to FCP X Empty
PostSubject: How to convert Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) MOV Videos to FCP X   How to convert Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) MOV Videos to FCP X Empty2014-05-23, 16:20

Summary: This guide reveals how to convert your Canon Rebel T3i/EOS 600D MOV footage to Apple ProRes for editing in FCP X smoothly.

Canon has unveiled the Rebel T3i/EOS 600D (known in Europe as the EOS 600D) upper entry-level DSLR. It continues to use the 18MP CMOS sensor seen in the Rebel T2i (550D) but gains a tilt and swivel 1,040k dot LCD monitor like the one offered on the more expensive 60D. Individual movie clips captured by the Canon Rebel T3i/EOS 600D are limited to a maximum of 29 minutes, 59 seconds, although as it turns out, the 4GB limit on video file sizes will in practice restrict you to shorter movie clips anyway. The Canon T3i records its movies as MOV files using variable bitrate MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression.

If you use Canon Rebel T3i to record video footage, you may have problems when importing its H.264 MOV footage to FCP X for post production. That’s because the H.264 is a highly compressed file format that is suitable for capture and delivery, but not well for editing. If you intend to import and edit Canon Rebel T3i/EOS 600D video files in FCP X. you are suggested to transcode H.264 QuickTime MOV to Apple ProRes. the friendliest format of FCP X.

To convert Rebel T3i MOV footage to FCP X for smooth editing, you can use Mac HD Video Converter, the best video converter that can help you convert Rebel T3i/EOS 600D MOV footage to Apple ProRes for FCP X. with high output video quality. Besides, it can also convert other popular video formats like MTS, M2TS, XAVC, MXF, MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV, ASF, VOB, etc.

Free download MOV to FCP X Converter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Step 1. Import Canon Rebel T3i/EOS 600D MOV footage
Click the “Add Video” button to load your Canon Rebel T3i/EOS 600D MOV files to the MOV to FCP X Converter from your computer.

Step 2. Select output format
From the Format bar, move to “Final Cut Pro” catalogue, and select “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as target format. Apple ProRes is the best suited editing codec for FCP X and FCP 6/7.

Step 3. Setting video and audio profile
If you like, Click “Settings” button, the “Profile Settings” window pops up, on which you are allowed to custom video and audio parameters like bit rate, frame rate, resolution, sample rate, and audio channels.

Step 4. Start to convert MOV videos to FCP X/6/7
When the settings are OK, click the “Convert” button to start converting all the added camcorder MOV video files to FCP X supported videos. When then conversion completes, you will get videos that are highly compatible with FCP X/6/7.

Also read:

Import Canon Rebel T3i/EOS 600D H.264 QuickTime MOV to FCP X and Avid

Import/Transfer Canon EOS C100 AVCHD footage to Final Cut Pro

Transcode Canon Rebel T4i / EOS 650D MOV in iMovie, FCE and Avid

Editing/Transcode Canon EOS C300 MXF footage to ProRes codec for Final Cut Pro

Edit Canon Rebel T5i / EOS 700D H.264 MOV on Mac iMovie, FCE, Avid and FCP (X)
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1