Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashawo
Leader
Leader
Ashawo

Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria Empty
PostSubject: Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria   Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria Empty2014-07-04, 08:04

After all the speculations and intrigues over the purported resignation of Nigeria's Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi, the former coach of Mali and Togo has finally spoken out over the uncertainty surrounding his future.

According to an interview Keshi granted supersport.com, after the Nigeria versus France match, at the Brasilia Palace Hotel camp of the Super Eagles in Brazil and published on Thursday, 3 July, 2014, the former skipper of the Nigerian team stated that he is done with the Eagles.

Keshi was also quoted to have said that he is finished with his assignment with the team and had enough of the politics associated with handling the Nigerian national football team.

"I am done. I have finished my assignment with the team. I have had enough of all the politics and games and intrigues of handling the national team," the man called the Big Boss said clearly.

"My contract is up, no one asked me questions nor offered me a new one which is a clear indication that I am not wanted so there is really no drama. If they want me to put it down on paper I will get my lawyer to write to them," Keshi said.

Speaking on the criticisms that followed his squad's performance at the World Cup and if he took a gamble on some of the players he took to Brazil, the coach replied:

"Apart from Bright Dike and Leon Balogun who were both injured I took the players I wanted to take to the World Cup. I had a 30 man squad that was then cut down to 23 that met the settings we were using to select. I stand by the team I brought here to Brazil.

"People write that I chose some of these players in order to sell them. I laugh. They say that is why I took players that nobody knew. Let me tell you now that the likes of Michael Babatunde, Ramon Azeez have not even started. These lads are going places and they have big hearts to match their undoubted talents. Look at Ken (Omeruo) he is a fantastic footballer and Godfrey Oboabona, (Gabriel) Reuben, when he gets over his injuries we all will see what talent he has."

When queried on who he thinks is going to make sure these set of players reach their potential when he finally leaves, Keshi said:

"Whoever the new coach is, he now has ground players to work with. I have told them (the players) I am gone but there are enough ready players to form two squads for the national team so there are 'materials' for the new person to use."

On whether President Goodluck Jonathan could change his decision to quit as Super Eagles coach, he confessed:

"As much as I respect the President and the number 1 citizen of the country, it will be very difficult this time but we'll see.

"For two and half years I have lived in a hotel, I never got an official car, there were not good enough training facilities for the senior national team to train with. Myself and my assistants especially Daniel Amokachi, we spend our money to buy training cones or whatever we might need.

"When I worked in Mali, I got my car and house within a week of signing my contract and that is one of the poorest countries in Africa. Here my salary has never been regular and I have had to pay my assistant Valey Houndionu out of my own pocket. The Federation said if I wanted to keep him I will pay him myself. I have done so for two years now. Everywhere else I worked with him he was paid by the Federations. Yet, these are the people who will shout that they have given Keshi everything he needs to work and win matches.

"When we drew with Iran we got told all sorts of things but the same people turned around to apologise after Argentina. That is the climate we work under."

It could be recalled that the NFF has said it would not hold Keshi if he decides to leave the Nigerian national team.

Latest reports indicate that the football governing body has already shortlisted former coach Amodu Shuaibu and one time captain of the Super Eagles, Sunday Oliseh to take over from Keshi.
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria   Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria Empty2014-07-04, 12:20

NFF we destroyed our football politics n football hmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
arsenaaaaaal
Professional
Professional
arsenaaaaaal

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria   Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria Empty2014-07-04, 17:03

Awwwwwwwww!NFF is just useless.
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria   Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria Empty2014-07-04, 17:50

It has already been destroyed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria   Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria Empty

Back to top Go down

Stephen Keshi Explains Why He Wants To Dump Nigeria
Page 1 of 1