Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran

Sex : Male

Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row Empty
PostSubject: Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row   Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row Empty2014-09-14, 11:34

Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row _63156171_63147959

Rio Ferdinand says John Terry has never apologised to him or his brother Anton for his alleged racial abuse in a Premier League game in 2011.

Quoted in the Sun, Rio Ferdinand said he no longer talks to Terry after the abuse Anton Ferdinand received during a match between Chelsea and QPR.

Terry was acquitted of charges of racial abuse following a trial in July 2012, but was later banned for four matches and fined £220,000 by the FA.

He then apologised for his behaviour.

QPR defender Rio Ferdinand, 35, who will face former club Manchester United on Sunday, claims in his forthcoming autobiography that the incident damaged his brother Anton's career and the subsequent court case saw him receive death threats.

"He never apologised to me or Anton and has never hinted he has had a moment of understanding over the damage his stupidity has inflicted on everyone," he said.

"There were bullets in the post and unending racist abuse. He could have saved everyone a lot of pain by admitting immediately that he had used the words in the heat of the moment, but was no racist.

"I think that's probably what happened and what the truth is. Anton and I would have accepted that - instead he never gave us the chance.
Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row _77578076_johnterry_rioferdinand_england_ap

"I've never actually spoken to John about the case. I no longer talk to him, but even three years later I find it impossible to forgive or forget the pain he put my family through."

Ferdinand added the "uncertainty and bad feeling" meant his England career was wrecked, while Terry's was able to continue.

He expressed his disappointment that England manager Roy Hodgson never asked if he would consider playing alongside Terry, despite the pair's differences off the pitch.

"John and I would have had a working relationship and it would have been fine," he added.

"But no one ever asked."
Back to top Go down
obenar
Senior
Senior

Sex : male

Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row   Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row Empty2014-09-14, 16:58

No place for racism in epl.but yah he is a white man.they get away with everthing
Back to top Go down

Rio Ferdinand says John Terry never apologised for race row
Page 1 of 1