Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obasanjo receives PVC from INEC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

Obasanjo receives PVC from INEC Empty
PostSubject: Obasanjo receives PVC from INEC   Obasanjo receives PVC from INEC Empty2014-11-21, 06:31

ABEOKUTA—Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday received his Permanent Voter’s Card from Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Obasanjo received his card from Residential Electoral Commissioner in Ogun State, Sam Olumekun at his hilltop residence at Kuto, Abeokuta.
Former President implored the commission to work harder to tackle all the complaints of the people to avoid disenfranchising numerous citizens from participating in the forthcoming general elections.
Advising the commission, Obasanjo said: “I think we are moving. I believe that our progress would be made if we can have one card so that wherever we are, we can do anything we want to do.
“People have genuinely complained but I believe we can still make all those complaining to get their cards. Whatsoever correction that needs to be done should be done. If we do not do that, many people will be disenfranchised and it would undermine our democratic process.”
The REC had earlier said that his visit to the former president was informed by the “preparation for 2015 general elections, we deem it fit to come around to present to you your own card and we want you to vote.”
Back to top Go down

Obasanjo receives PVC from INEC
Page 1 of 1