Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
peter pan
Master
Master
peter pan

ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Empty
PostSubject: ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?   ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Empty2016-06-10, 21:40

For some weeks and days now, i’ve been talking about this Andriod box of a thing and yet people keep calling and asking;

What are they?
What can they do?
What’s so unique about this box that i keep talking everytime?
I’m scared of data else i would have gone for it
Can it be blocked unlike other dongles?
Is it legal?
Can it work in Africa?
The answer to all the questions above is yes,yes,yes,yes and yes. But yes is not only the answer, so i’m gonna take my time to educate you more why you need andriod box/internet streamers which are the best option to watch premium channels in the 21st century.

The Android Boxes are slightly larger, but also much more outputs such as multiple USB ports. Connect your Android TV Stick / Box to the HDMI input of the LCD / LED TV and make it a Smart TV that will surpass your dreams. The possibilities are much wider as a Smart TV. This is of course the Android operating system.

What makes is so unique?

There’re many things that makes Andriod tv box unique. But i will mention few and with some illustrations.

To setup bein sports in Nigeria, you will need to invest more than three hundred thousand naira ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],000.00) while on the andriod box, you stream all with paying a dime. Now you may ask, what’s the similarities to IPTV setup boxes. IPTV andriod setup boxes come preloaded with IPTV account for a period of twelve months. Most times, IPTV accounts becomes very unstable no matter the speed of your data and again, all the channels are on higher resolutions which requires high speed internet to stream, which will of course drain your data. When compare to andriod box, the popular apps you installed on your mobile phone which you use to stream live matches, can be also installed on the Andriod box to stream matches and watch any football league in the world. And again, you also need to read about kodi xmbc.

Last month, i watched “XMEN APPOCALYPSE” that was recently released few weeks back on kodi. Before you will get such movies on cable tv, it will be toward the end of the year or even next year.

What other stuffs can this box do? 

You can stream youtube,netflix, browse the internet, chat using whatsapp, facebook,instagram,twitter, access your email,access google playstore, download and install over five hundred thousand andriod applications, play your favorite games, download movies on your flash and watch on the box.

What will i gain if i switch from cable tv to Andriod Box?

You will save alot of money. Let me give you a simple example. Every month you pay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],000.00 to watch all football matches monthly. Now for 13,000.00 x 12 months = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],000.00. Now you purchased an andriod box let’s say [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],000.00 and subscribe data of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the whole months, 30 days. All what you watch on the cable tv, let’s say EPL, you will watch same matches on bein sports, CTH stadium, skysports,PTV sports,BT sports etc, after 30 days, you would have saved [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],000.00 you pay monthly for cable tv, excluding fuel. Your total savings for 12 months would be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x 12 = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],000.00

I want to go for it but i’m scared of data consumption …

Gone is the days where we are so scared to download even a PDF file of 150kb, today, with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you will get as much as 24gb of data if not even more. I once published a simple calculations about data consumption rates when streaming using different resolutions. But some ignorant guys thought i was only saying that in other to fool innocent guys to purchase my products.

This is the illustrations once more.

Mr A,B and C purchased an andriod box. They also got 1gb of data for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to watch 90 minutes match. On kodi, Mr A saw “skysports1 140p and select it to watch the match. Mr B selects 360p and Mr C selects 1080p. without lectures, you should know that the rates of data consumption will be different based on the resolutions of the pictures. At the end of the day, Mr A would be left with 700MB, Mr.B 400MB and Mr. C would be left with 0MB. Due to annoyance, Mr.C will start telling his friends not to go for Andriod box that it consumes so much of data. This is as simple as ABC.

Can it be blocked like other dongles? 

Any match you stream on the andriod box is from a third party site. So there’s no way it should be blocked. what are dongles? Dongles are illegal devices or let me say cloned devices to legal paid tv decoders. If you’re the owner of any paid tv, you will make sure there’re no clones on your product in other to maintain it quality and brands, while streaming online is getting same contents as from the legal owner, so the issue of it getting block is nothing to think about.

Is Android TV Box Streaming Legal?
Yes it is.
As confirmed by EU Court of Justice.

A recent EU ruling confirmed that streaming is legal even if the content is copyrighted.

As long as an Internet user is streaming copyrighted content online, Then it’s legal for the user, who isn’t willfully making a copy of said content. If the user only views it directly through a web browser, streaming it from a website that hosts it, he or she is doing nothing wrong.

The Andriod boxes do not download copy or store media, which would be illegal. They simply facilitate streaming of media content which is legal.

EU Directive Reference

Article 5 of Directive 2001/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 May 2001 on the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society must be interpreted as meaning that the copies on the user’s computer screen and the copies in the internet ‘cache’ of that computer’s hard disk, made by an end-user in the course of viewing a website, satisfy the conditions that those copies must be temporary, that they must be transient or incidental in nature and that they must constitute an integral and essential part of a technological process, as well as the conditions laid down in Article 5(5) of that directive, and that they may therefore be made without the authorisation of the copyright holders.

Don’t take our word for it.  See this link  Internet Streaming Legal Ruling

For those who want to dig deeper – check out the EU ruling on internet browsing at Lexology – site for the legal profession

Can it work in Africa?

Of course yes. It can work wherever there’s internet access. You need a minimum of 3G network in other to watch live TV uninterrupted, it requires no dish setup, just plug and play

Do we have cheap data plans in Nigeria?

Mtn is giving 10gb for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], while glo will give you 24fgb for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. We have lots of internet ISP out there seriously competing to give us the best and cheapest data plans, which gives us lots of options to go for.

I just thought i should write this as it’s the best options to watching premium tv channels for far less.

In the meantime, Azsky updates should come before this month runs out to give us more cheaper options to paid tv.

cccam account for starsat still one of the option you should have for now.
Back to top Go down
peter pan
Master
Master
peter pan

PostSubject: Re: ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?   ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Empty2016-06-10, 21:51

ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Image10
ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Image10
Back to top Go down
donT72
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?   ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Empty2016-06-10, 22:29

Good info
Back to top Go down
tolese
Novice
Novice

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?   ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Empty2016-06-11, 15:11

cool
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?   ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Empty2016-06-12, 06:48

M8s android box

ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Img_2021[url=https://servimg.com/view/17680882/12]ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Img_2021[/url]
Back to top Go down
FREDRICKEBUN
Senior
Senior

Sex : M

PostSubject: Re: ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?   ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Empty2016-06-13, 05:30

Don't being mistaken ANDROID BOX is using IPTV account but with unlimited data and good networks in your areas iptv is the best saved you 80% of your money,The account is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],500 for the whole year why the android box only without account go for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],000 The box name imply anewish iptv android box
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?   ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO? Empty

Back to top Go down

ANDROID TV BOXES: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHAT CAN THEY DO?
Page 1 of 1