Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NUPENG ends strike, motorists recount ordeal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashawo
Leader
Leader
Ashawo

NUPENG ends strike, motorists recount ordeal Empty
PostSubject: NUPENG ends strike, motorists recount ordeal   NUPENG ends strike, motorists recount ordeal Empty2016-06-22, 08:23

AFTER about 10 days of acute fuel scarcity in Rivers and Bayelsa states, motorists in the two states have hailed the suspension of the strike embarked upon by the Nigerian Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers.

NUPENG on Monday night announced that it had suspended its 12-day-old strike in the two states.

The Acting Zonal Chairman of NUPENG, Port Harcourt Zone, Mr. Charles Eleto, said the union decided to halt the strike pending the outcome of deliberations between it and the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike.

NUPENG commenced strike following the alleged refusal of Uniterm Nigeria Limited and one other oil firm to recall over 200 workers allegedly sacked for joining the labour union.

Motorists, who learnt about the decision of the union, hailed NUPENG for calling off the strike.

Mr. Chinonyerem Ikwu, a commercial taxi driver, said “I bought a litre of fuel for N200 yesterday (Monday). I was almost shedding tears when the petrol attendant at one of the filling stations on Ada George Road told me it was N200 per litre.

“Of course, we had no choice. The truth is that many people in the state here are facing hardship because of the fuel scarcity caused by NUPENG strike. We are happy that they are talking with government and have decided to call off the strike.”

Another commercial taxi driver, who identified himself as John, said, “I stopped buying fuel at unofficial price. Filling stations took advantage of the NUPENG strike and sell the product at outrageous prices. I use the little fuel I have during night time.”

http://www.punchng.com/nupeng-ends-strike-motorists-recount-ordeal/
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

NUPENG ends strike, motorists recount ordeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: NUPENG ends strike, motorists recount ordeal   NUPENG ends strike, motorists recount ordeal Empty2016-06-23, 06:40

That's better sa
Back to top Go down

NUPENG ends strike, motorists recount ordeal
Page 1 of 1