Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April

Go down 
+17
seunoluomo
textme
olawale86
austin kofi boakye
lawalahmed
olofin17
Gmailer
oscar4free2air
triumphant
ewayhome1
donfolex
omokoaustine
bonchi
D REAL MAN
@opoki
magichand
John bull
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty
PostSubject: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-03-29, 17:54

here's what i received.

Dear DStvers, in order to ensure a hassle swapout of affected DStv
smartcards, we have extended the deadline for free swaps till April
30th, 2012.
So if you have a version 2.2, 4.1, 5 or 5.3 smartcard, please take it to
your nearest MultiChoice office at your earliest convenience for a free
swap.
Back to top Go down
magichand
Amateur
Amateur
magichand

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-03-29, 21:32

John bull wrote:
here's what i received.

Dear DStvers, in order to ensure a hassle swapout of affected DStv
smartcards, we have extended the deadline for free swaps till April
30th, 2012.
So if you have a version 2.2, 4.1, 5 or 5.3 smartcard, please take it to
your nearest MultiChoice office at your earliest convenience for a free
swap.
do you guys want us to do the swap or forget any solution please is affecting me seriously
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-03-29, 21:59

There is nothing u can do there,they have the serial number on their database,if u still need their married card then go for the swap
Back to top Go down
@opoki
Novice
Novice

Sex : Hermaphrodite

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-03-29, 22:18

I'm sure they want to enslave all Viewing Centre but they're about to touch a thunderbolt cos i see them loosing the bid for EPL for the next 3seasons.
Besides, what of we who has no Dstv decoder cos i use mne with Strong (Like many others) what do i stand to gain from d swap, on which decoder is it going to married with?
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-03-29, 22:22

obviouschild wrote:
There is nothing u can do there,they have the serial number on their database,if u still need their married card then go for the swap

Hmnnn. What a dilemma. Btw d Devil and the Deep Blue Sea..God help us & deliver us frm Dsthieves bondage ooo
Back to top Go down
bonchi
Professional
Professional
bonchi

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-03-29, 22:35

30th April for the swap aint really going to help.
Back to top Go down
http://gistng.com/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=1442e83721151f08a34
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-03-30, 07:44

@opoki wrote:
I'm sure they want to enslave all Viewing Centre but they're about to touch a thunderbolt cos i see them loosing the bid for EPL for the next 3seasons.
Besides, what of we who has no Dstv decoder cos i use mne with Strong (Like many others) what do i stand to gain from d swap, on which decoder is it going to married with?

My point exactly. Many of their customers do not have their decoder but uses Strong, and to think they will now go and purchase DSTV decoder wont just happen. At the end, DSTV will be the BIG TIME LOSER
Back to top Go down
omokoaustine
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 06:17

my question is , will those version of card be still on till 30th april?
Back to top Go down
donfolex
Expert
Expert
donfolex

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 06:51

D REAL MAN wrote:
@opoki wrote:

My point exactly. Many of their customers do not have their decoder but uses Strong, and to think they will now go and purchase DSTV decoder wont just happen. At the end, DSTV will be the BIG TIME LOSER

are you sure they will really be the loser wen there is no serious alternative to them?
Back to top Go down
ewayhome1
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 08:25

Communication sent by the company to subscribers indicates that failure to replace the old smartcards with new ones will prevent subscribers from receiving the DStv signal.
Back to top Go down
ewayhome1
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 08:27

Those that will not have swapped their cards after the deadline will be required to purchase a new smartcard. Those of u using their old decoders or strong decoders etc. you will have to pay a swap out fee for the new decoder. they are doing these changes to evade hackers. But na lie, we still go break thru ISHA ALLA
Back to top Go down
triumphant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
triumphant

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 08:59

ewayhome1 wrote:
Those that will not have swapped their cards after the deadline will be required to purchase a new smartcard. Those of u using their old decoders or strong decoders etc. you will have to pay a swap out fee for the new decoder. they are doing these changes to evade hackers. But na lie, we still go break thru ISHA ALLA
damn ds-thieves.This people are going too far.We shall see.
Back to top Go down
ewayhome1
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 09:05

be prepared to face it, those having cccam servers you better act now, find solution to this coming wahala. i know some engineers are busy working around the clock.
Back to top Go down
ewayhome1
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 09:11

this is by far gonna be the biggest challenge. trust me sources have confirmed this. any tamper on their new smartcard prevents u from receiving their signal. the only solution is to go for reset of your smartcard.
Back to top Go down
triumphant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
triumphant

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 18:02

ewayhome1 wrote:
this is by far gonna be the biggest challenge. trust me sources have confirmed this. any tamper on their new smartcard prevents u from receiving their signal. the only solution is to go for reset of your smartcard.
this is real trouble
Back to top Go down
oscar4free2air
Senior
Senior
oscar4free2air

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 18:26

thank God make Aljazeera come buy d premier leageu right B4 2013 from abuh Dhabi make we stop to de face dis dsthieves wahala....
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 18:31

See danger! Wahala dey, Omo, wahala dey!
Back to top Go down
oscar4free2air
Senior
Senior
oscar4free2air

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 18:35

oboi e don de turn to song ne?...
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 18:42

P-Square nah. Nah diz one Fela kuti call; deadi body geti akcident, yee pa, confusion biraki boney, yeepa! nah double wahala, for deadi body and the owner of deadi body oo
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 19:24

oscar4free2air wrote:
thank God make Aljazeera come buy d premier leageu right B4 2013 from abuh Dhabi make we stop to de face dis dsthieves wahala....
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 19:43

oscar4free2air wrote:
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 19:47

oscar4free2air wrote:
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 20:09

oscar4free2air wrote:
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 20:10

oscar4free2air wrote:

Infact, dis is my earnest prayer too. Monopoly is synonymous to slavery. HITV you guys did not do well at all, if not dis d-s-thieves will not be holding us to ransom like dis...hmmnnn
Back to top Go down
triumphant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
triumphant

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 22:17

D REAL MAN wrote:
oscar4free2air wrote:

Infact, dis is my earnest prayer too. Monopoly is synonymous to slavery. HITV you guys did not do well at all, if not dis d-s-thieves will not be holding us to ransom like dis...hmmnnn
May God help us
Back to top Go down
oscar4free2air
Senior
Senior
oscar4free2air

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 22:25

amen!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
olofin17
Amateur
Amateur
olofin17

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-01, 23:22

Nawa ooooooooooooooo dthief
Back to top Go down
donfolex
Expert
Expert
donfolex

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 07:52

it will really cost them some fortune as well. Imagine the cost of doing dose replacement, bcos they want to stop piracy of their service and na lie them they talk. Ev@erybody here knws piracy has come to stay!!
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 09:13

some accounts were disabled on saturday around 1 a.m, i happened to be their victim but i fixed everything on that same day by noon. I just love strong decoder so i don't think there's anything they can do to stop it except subscribing with decoder serial number. With strong, you can have triple view and watch at your own comfort.
Back to top Go down
oscar4free2air
Senior
Senior
oscar4free2air

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 10:32

nice work Oga JB.....weldone.
Back to top Go down
magichand
Amateur
Amateur
magichand

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 10:45

John bull wrote:
some accounts were disabled on saturday around 1 a.m, i happened to be their victim but i fixed everything on that same day by noon. I just love strong decoder so i don't think there's anything they can do to stop it except subscribing with decoder serial number. With strong, you can have triple view and watch at your own comfort.
pls if i may ask can we swap our old card or do we retain it i have the same problem of blocking of account but i call them with idea the reopen it pls sir tell us what to do on old smart card
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 11:22

John bull wrote:

Oga Johnbull, you are very correct. Do u know that even Dsthieves uses Strong decoder in their dealer shops. So what are we talking about? Dis pple are just heartless by their high subscription rate. God help us.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 11:41

magichand wrote:
John bull wrote:
pls if i may ask can we swap our old card or do we retain it i have the same problem of blocking of account but i call them with idea the reopen it pls sir tell us what to do on old smart card
the fact is that even though you swap your card, you can't still use it on strong or old dstv decoder. You will still need to buy their decoder so what's the need of taking your card for swapping? There's absolutely no need for strong users.
Back to top Go down
magichand
Amateur
Amateur
magichand

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 12:04

Thanks good luck
Back to top Go down
lawalahmed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
lawalahmed

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 12:16

John bull wrote:

You are right, i'm also one of them....the only problem i have now is my card is dual card with dual decoder which i dont know may be they will be able to solve my problem..

I need advice should i take my card to them or snub them bcos i'm not sure they will give me dual card again except dual view option with multiple rubbish small decoder...
Back to top Go down
http://www.medoriansports.blogspot.com
austin kofi boakye
Senior
Senior
austin kofi boakye

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 12:22

So Strong technologies can't find any antidotes to this Dstv plague ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.exchequresignalvent.getafricaonlne.com
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 13:08

lawalahmed wrote:
John bull wrote:

You are right, i'm also one of them....the only problem i have now is my card is dual card with dual decoder which i dont know may be they will be able to solve my problem..

I need advice should i take my card to them or snub them bcos i'm not sure they will give me dual card again except dual view option with multiple rubbish small decoder...

My bro, I feel ur pain. Pls seek advice from professionals b4 u take a step. may God help us..
Back to top Go down
lawalahmed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
lawalahmed

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 13:14

D REAL MAN wrote:
lawalahmed wrote:
John bull wrote:

My bro, I feel ur pain. Pls seek advice from professionals b4 u take a step. may God help us..

I also have Strong Decoder as well is just that i will lose both my dual decoder and dual card Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.medoriansports.blogspot.com
olawale86
Amateur
Amateur
olawale86

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 13:32

what about pple that have version 5.4 with dsd 990
Back to top Go down
textme
Amateur
Amateur
textme

Sex : m

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 13:39

D REAL MAN wrote:
oscar4free2air wrote:
Where can we buy Aljazera card in nigeria? or will the Jsc sport channels be free to air?
Back to top Go down
triumphant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
triumphant

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-02, 16:47

austin kofi boakye wrote:
there will be solution to the threat.Dont worry
Back to top Go down
triumphant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
triumphant

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-14, 13:58

30th is arround the corner.What are we doing to stop this threat?
Back to top Go down
donfolex
Expert
Expert
donfolex

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-14, 15:20

it will provoke more innavations!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-14, 18:22

They don't have any options cos their days are numbered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-14, 18:25

They started late,how many matches remain on this season.i believe if anything happens,there must be a solution b4 next season
Back to top Go down
ewayhome1
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-14, 20:26

we shall overcome. still hv nss7 as an option.
Back to top Go down
oscar4free2air
Senior
Senior
oscar4free2air

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-14, 21:17

u are right wo....
Back to top Go down
seunoluomo
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-14, 22:09

austin kofi boakye wrote:
they will allow dstveeeeee start the before srt series start dancing
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-14, 23:38

ewayhome1 wrote:
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty2012-04-15, 11:10

ewayhome1 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April   DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April Empty

Back to top Go down

DSTV smart card swap deadline extended 30th April
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next