Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS

Go down 
+7
ancl
AWNLJERROL
peter pan
heavenboundpkay
turkcorp
smile2012
Gmailer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

Sex : Male

BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 16:01

Explosion rocks Jos A bomb has exploded in the central areas of Jos, Plateau State.

The heavy explosion was heard at about 2:55pm Tuesday afternoon.

Casualties is said to be high because the explosion happened at a densely populated areas of Ahmadu Bello Way where the GSM market is located.

Sound of the explosion was heard in Bukuru, which is about 20km from Jos city.

Details of casualties not yet known as security agencies had condoned off the areas and rescue operation is ongoing.

Lagos, Enugu, Abia be praying ow
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sex : male

BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 16:20

Heyyyyyyyyy... A beg o..
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 16:28

Lolz! lol! Just be praying..... From Maiduguri, to Yobe, to Adamawa, to Jigawa, to Abuja, to Plateau, who doesn't know they are gradually coming southwardly?
Back to top Go down
turkcorp
Senior
Senior
turkcorp

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 16:36

Well guerrilla war tactics are very hard to stop
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 17:46

Now that Nigeria is becoming ungovernable for a southerner, shall we now be thinking of how to meet the demands of these blood sucking demons.....

Sarcastically typing, the demands of this Islamic sect are very simple and can simply be met.

Listed below are some of the agitations of this sect:
(1) A northern muslim president
(2) An Islamized Nigeria
(3) End to western influences
(4) Enforcement of Sharia law in all the States of the Federation etc

A right-thinking, liberal, sane and an educated mind would have thought how possible can these be achieved in a secular state like Nigeria. But in the world of deranged elements and opium-addicts there is nothing bad in converting the whole world to a particular religion!

Boko Haram was politically begotten, and has been religiously nurtured to vampirism. Its victims are innocent and defenseless Nigerians.

Fighting against Boko-Haram is like fighting against ones' shadows. Have you ever seen where shadow has been apprehended before? The sect's sympathizers, who share the sect's political and religious ideologies, are rooted everywhere in the north. They have infiltrated the ranks of the nation's security agencies. They even know the next line of actions of our security operatives hours before the execution of such actions.

The type of terrorism we are experiencing here in this part of the world can be likened to that of Afganistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. If US, UK or any of the western countries had been bedevilled by this type of terrorism (a situation where citizens take arms against their country) It would not have come out if it by now. I honestly do not see FG winning this battle against Boko Haram sect. The more the Federal Government uses forces on them, the more they grow wings. The more 'the carrot and stick approach' is thrown, the more they detonate bombs.

I have read with amazement, how Nigerians are trading blames; resort to names callings, and stuffs like that. Is this the time for aportioning blames? No! This is the time to start looking at how to stern the spate of blood shedding. This is the time to start looking at possible ways to see to this boko menace. Or how many lives will be lost before the Islamic republic of Northern Nigeria is pronounced? How many sex slaves will be taken before a Northern president is installed? How many Churches, Mosques, Schools, and Parks will be bombed or burnt before a sharia law is enforeced? If these demands can not be met, let every region goes its own way. If an unholy and forcedly matrimony is daily claiming lives and properties, a customary court should be approached for dissolution of such marriage! Nigeria is not one, and we can never be one.

I honestly think it is time to activate the much-talked-about secession clause in that 1914 amalgamation documents. It is high time we all saw to the end of this good-for-nothing entity joined together by Lugards and Queen's greeds.

To all those that think it is because of PDP, or GEJ misrule: I pity you loads gan ni ow....... It is not about GEJ being a president, it is about a southerner being a president. The quest for power at all cost has beclouded them, and they dont care how many lives, or properties will be sacrificed! The 'born to rule' and 'nah our right' mentalities have totally obstructed their sense of rationalisation.

Though GEJ has said the ongoing CONFAB shouldn't talked about the disintegration of a nation interwoven by corruptions, and criminalities, the CONFAB would have been the best forum to discuss the terms and conditions of our co-existence. Kí kówá ko maa lo ní ìlo è, ti ina o ba wo nah. Abi nah by force dem dey take do marriage ni?

It was Borno State before, later, Adamawa, Yobe, and Jigawa States; it has now spread to Abuja, Plateau, and gradually moving southwardly.

Like I'd earlier stated, it is very easy to meet the demands of this sect, if only we are ready to meet them. Secede and let us go our ways. I dont care getting visa before crossing to Abuja, in as much the killing of the innocent ones will be brought to an abrupt end.

Finally, May the Lord grant the bombed ones the eternal rest. May He also grant the injured ones speedy recovery: and also grant the nation, and the mourners the fortitude to bear the colossal, and the irreparable losses.

-Gmailer weeps for Nigeria.
Back to top Go down
turkcorp
Senior
Senior
turkcorp

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 18:04

Gmailer wrote:
Now that Nigeria is becoming ungovernable for a southerner, shall we now be thinking of how to meet the demands of these blood sucking demons.....

Sarcastically typing, the demands of this Islamic sect are very simple and can simply be met.

Listed below are some of the agitations of this sect:
(1) A northern muslim president
(2) An Islamized Nigeria
(3) End to western influences
(4) Enforcement of Sharia law in all the States of the Federation etc

A right-thinking, liberal, sane and an educated mind would have thought how possible can these be achieved in a secular state like Nigeria. But in the world of deranged elements and opium-addicts there is nothing bad in converting the whole world to a particular religion!

Boko Haram was politically begotten, and has been religiously nurtured to vampirism. Its victims are innocent and defenseless Nigerians.

Fighting against Boko-Haram is like fighting against ones' shadows. Have you ever seen where shadow has been apprehended before? The sect's sympathizers, who share the sect's political and religious ideologies, are rooted everywhere in the north. They have infiltrated the ranks of the nation's security agencies. They even know the next line of actions of our security operatives hours before the execution of such actions.

The type of terrorism we are experiencing here in this part of the world can be likened to that of Afganistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. If US, UK or any of the western countries had been bedevilled by this type of terrorism (a situation where citizens take arms against their country) It would not have come out if it by now. I honestly do not see FG winning this battle against Boko Haram sect. The more the Federal Government uses forces on them, the more they grow wings. The more 'the carrot and stick approach' is thrown, the more they detonate bombs.

I have read with amazement, how Nigerians are trading blames; resort to names callings, and stuffs like that. Is this the time for aportioning blames? No! This is the time to start looking at how to stern the spate of blood shedding. This is the time to start looking at possible ways to see to this boko menace. Or how many lives will be lost before the Islamic republic of Northern Nigeria is pronounced? How many sex slaves will be taken before a Northern president is installed? How many Churches, Mosques, Schools, and Parks will be bombed or burnt before a sharia law is enforeced? If these demands can not be met, let every region goes its own way. If an unholy and forcedly matrimony is daily claiming lives and properties, a customary court should be approached for dissolution of such marriage! Nigeria is not one, and we can never be one.

I honestly think it is time to activate the much-talked-about secession clause in that 1914 amalgamation documents. It is high time we all saw to the end of this good-for-nothing entity joined together by Lugards and Queen's greeds.

To all those that think it is because of PDP, or GEJ misrule: I pity you loads gan ni ow....... It is not about GEJ being a president, it is about a southerner being a president. The quest for power at all cost has beclouded them, and they dont care how many lives, or properties will be sacrificed! The 'born to rule' and 'nah our right' mentalities have totally obstructed their sense of rationalisation.

Though GEJ has said the ongoing CONFAB shouldn't talked about the disintegration of a nation interwoven by corruptions, and criminalities, the CONFAB would have been the best forum to discuss the terms and conditions of our co-existence. Kí kówá ko maa lo ní ìlo è, ti ina o ba wo nah. Abi nah by force dem dey take do marriage ni?

It was Borno State before, later, Adamawa, Yobe, and Jigawa States; it has now spread to Abuja, Plateau, and gradually moving southwardly.

Like I'd earlier stated, it is very easy to meet the demands of this sect, if only we are ready to meet them. Secede and let us go our ways. I dont care getting visa before crossing to Abuja, in as much the killing of the innocent ones will be brought to an abrupt end.

Finally, May the Lord grant the bombed ones the eternal rest. May He also grant the injured ones speedy recovery: and also grant the nation, and the mourners the fortitude to bear the colossal, and the irreparable losses.

-Gmailer weeps for Nigeria.
Good points but I don't agree if you give in next their demands wil keep on growing thought sharia law was passed in parts of the North some years back had it solved the problem martial law should be declared then the military given powers to search every house this will be solved when the citizens take action
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 18:25

My points are very clear sir! If we cant give them what they want, they will keep on bombing innocent people. We can avoid this wanton loss of lives and properties if only their demands can be met. Yoruba my tribe will never succumb to having sharia law entrenched in her states. The igbos and Ijaws, Itsekiris, Itsokos, Idomas, Tivs, Igalas, Ebiras will never accept sharia laws as their law. So, the best bet is for us all to go our separate way.
Back to top Go down
heavenboundpkay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
heavenboundpkay

Sex : m

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 18:25

The constitution is the only law for a nation. To hell with every other ancient, stupid, backward rules being promoted by a few foolish people. What nonsense, how can a whole nation become islamic just like that?
Back to top Go down
peter pan
Master
Master
peter pan

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 19:41

Lolz very soon them go throw bomb in this our great site
Back to top Go down
AWNLJERROL
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-20, 23:12

Incredible!!! What Nigeria has turned to in our time... Right b4 our eyes
Back to top Go down
turkcorp
Senior
Senior
turkcorp

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 00:41

Gmailer wrote:
My points are very clear sir! If we cant give them what they want, they will keep on bombing innocent people. We can avoid this wanton loss of lives and properties if only their demands can be met. Yoruba my tribe will never succumb to having sharia law entrenched in her states. The igbos and Ijaws, Itsekiris, Itsokos, Idomas, Tivs, Igalas, Ebiras will never accept sharia laws as their law. So, the best bet is for us all to go our separate way.
Well the federal system should be worked on if the country splits some states will lose out just a few hundreds of people can't take the whole nation ransom the north will lose mostly if the country splits hope the intellectuals there realize that and stop supporting sharia law as you have to provide for the needs of the people first before it can be implemented
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 05:03

9ja nw turn Afghan
Back to top Go down
cableman02
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 05:49

ancl wrote:
9ja nw turn Afghan
it a terrible case to have people that plan to killed you without informed one.but the blood-sucker were fooling themselves if Nigeria brake-up some state will never join the extremist jihadist as called,this people(the minority northern leader)paid for this boko haram to disturb a peaceful nigerian Now it grows out more than what they want! BREAKING UP IS GLOWING AND NORTHERNER IN SOUTH I PITY YOU,your brothers at home is dragging your future into the MUD-WATER AND YOUR INVESTMENT IS LEAKING AWAY INTO THE DESERT UNSEEN
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 06:05

Give Me Oduduwa Or Let Me Die

By Femi Fani-Kayode

“If they ever tell my story let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the Winter wheat but these names will never die... let them say I lived in the time of Hector, tamer of horses...let them say I lived in the time of Achilles”- the Iliad, Homer.

The words of Odysseus in Homer's epic and ancient poem titled ''The Iliyad'' have always moved me. Those words are deep and profound: they stir my soul and rekindle my spirit.

They speak of and reflect the essence of Ancient Greece with it's rich and exciting history, it's extraordinary heroes and heroines and it's all-powerful and all-knowing gods, titans and immortals. How I wish that I could conjure up such great and powerful words about the history of my nation Nigeria and her heroes past. How I wish that the Nigerian people had their own Odysseus' , Achilles', Agamemnons and Hectors.

How I wish they had their own ancient poets and great thinkers like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and Homer who could remind generations to come about our past exploits with their inspiring, compelling and historic prose.

Yet I look at the Nigeria of today and I am not encouraged or inspired. As a matter of fact I am deeply saddened. I see no heroes on the horizon but only questionable pretenders and fallen caricatures that have sold their heritage and destiny for a mess of pottage and that couldn't give a fig about what history or posterity will say about them or their country. Many have asked why I should say such things. Permit me to answer that pertinent question by posing a few of my own.

I start by asking: is this the Nigeria of Murtala Mohammed and Theophilius Danjuma? Is this the nation that helped to liberate Angola, Mozambique, Zimbabwe and South Africa?

Is this the nation that restored sanity and stability to Sierra Leonne, that brought an end to a civil war in Liberia, that fought so gallantly in Burma and Somalia and that quelled a military coup in Sao Tome and Principe?

Is this the nation whose wealth once knew no bounds and whose middle class once owned the finest cars and properties in London, Paris and New York? Is this the nation whose beautiful people once graced the streets of Belgravia, Chelsea, Hampstead and Knitsbridge?

Is this the country that once nationalized BP and that gave Margaret Thatcher sleepless nights over apartheid South Africa ? Is this the nation that once stood up to the mighty Boers and whose ancestors studied at Oxford and Cambridge as far back as the 1800's?

Is this the nation whose inhabitants and various ethnic nationalities once ruled vast empires and whose progenitors contributed so much to the traditions, religion and culture of Ancient Egypt?

Is this the country that once fought a bitter and brutal civil war, yet declared ''no victor, no vanquished'' and, in the spirit of love, came back as one? Is this the country which has been through thick and thin and yet whose people remained ever so resilient and always put a smile on their faces?

Is this the country where giants once held court and where the greats of old once presided? Where did we go wrong? What has happened to our people and what has afflicted our country? When did our leaders become spineless cowards and deceivers? When did the green white green of our nation's flag become soiled with human faeces and when was it torn to shreds?

When did we shy away from fighting our own battles and prosecuting our own wars? When did we start bowing our heads in shame as events unfold in our country? When did we start sitting down silently as international newscasters speak about our nation in painful, disdainful, hushed and condescending tones?

What has happened to the ever courageous, ever smiling, ever confident and ever dependable Nigerian who shook the world with his arrogance and confidence and who spoke of his nation with pride and joy?

What has happened to our great army that was once the pride of Africa and that once made us so proud? What has happened to our great intellectuals and our men and women of courage and vision who once, like a collosus, bestrode the world?

What has happened to the stubborn and proud yet warm, friendly and profoundly good people that Nigerians once were? What has happened to the people that were once regarded as the hope of Africa and the pride of every black man on the planet?

Where and when did we go astray? How and when did it all go wrong? When did we lose our strength, our wealth, our honour and our power? When did we lose our excellence, our confidence, our dignity and our self-respect? When did we become so weak and so helpless? When did we turn into killers, savages and barbarians?

When did we become so pitiful that the whole world mocks us and heaps insults on us so easily? When did they start saying that we have ''no serious government'', that we have ''lost control of large portions of our nation'' and that we can't even protect our own children? When did we become incapable of defending our borders and protecting our people?

When did we turn into a laughing stock and a reference point for incompetence, stupidity, cowardice, ignorance, evil, cluelessness and all that is bad to the rest of the world?

When did other nations start giving us lessons on how to fight insurgency and how to prosecute our wars? When did our people start clamouring for foreign armies to enter our land, violate our sovereignty and march on our sacred soil?

When did we start having to ask others to come and solve our local problems? O Nigeria, how are the mighty fallen. Truly ours is a nation afflicted. She is finished and there is little hope of any form of redemption or resurrection.

The honeymoon is over and the glory has departed. One hundred years of a forced and failed marriage has ended in a bitter yet undeniable divorce. We have lost it all and there is no going back. Those that wish to break up our nation for sport and bring our people to their knees have had their way.

Those that wish to watch us slaughter one another in an orgy of mindless violence and that wish to establish their AFRICOM in our shores will soon be here and we shall be occupied forever.

O Nigeria, how are the mighty fallen. I loved Nigeria but now I have stopped believing in her. She is saddled with many different sub-nations that were simply incompatible right from the start.

She is plagued and cursed with one particular sub-nation whose ruling elite are dangerous and unyielding, whose guile and deceit is second to none, who treat their own people with contempt and derision, who believe that they were born to rule, who think that power belongs to them, who suppress the religious and ethnic minorities within their ranks and who were taught from an early age that there was none besides them. Those people have killed Nigeria. They and those who have consistently bowed and trembled before them and who have always allowed them to have their way.

Our nation has become a cruel joke- she is a maliciously contrived contraption that has shattered many dreams and frustrated many ambitions and aspirations. This was a country that was created for the benefit of just a few at the cost of the misery and pain of so many.

I will never accept the idea of living in a nation side by side with religious extreemists who slit the throats of children, who habitually slaughter the innocents and who abduct and fornicate with small girls. Animals have no place in the homes of men.

It is time for us to stop pretending: let the terrorists and their friends in high places break away and establish their own country where they can marry as many young girls as they please and chop off as many limbs as they want. Let them form a nation where they can stone adulterers and turn women into chattels that are not even worthy of life.

Let those of us from the west establish Oduduwa and let us celebrate and enjoy our freedom from the bondage and ineptitude of a cruel failed state that has no soul and that lacks humanity and compassion.

Let us be liberated from the deceit that is known as Nigeria: a nation that once was but that is no more. Let us be free of Nigeria: a nation where injustice, evil, persecution, insensitivity, impunity, terror, graft and wickedness reign supreme.

Let us be rid of Nigeria: a country where those of us that had the misfortune of being born on the ''wrong'' side of the regional divide or who are adherents of the ''wrong'' religious faith are butchered for our heritage and can never be treated as equals. Give us Oduduwa or let us die.

Yet we will eventually take our freedom by force if it is not freely given to us. We shall take it by fire: by the shedding of blood and by our own bleeding if necessary. We will take it by fire and by sacrificing our lives if that is what we are forced to do.

What we will never do is continue to live in perpetual slavery in a nation called Nigeria that is afflicted with feeble rulers and peopled by religious bigots, sexual deviants and bloodthirsty terrorists.

We shall not allow ourselves to be consumed by the weakness and ineptitude of our present-day rulers and the sheer incompetence of those that do not have the courage or the moral authority to crush the beasts that have abducted and enslaved our girls.

I have had enough. I say goodbye Nigeria: give us Oduduwa or let us die!
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 06:10

RE: ''GIVE ME ODUDUWA OR LET ME DIE''- A REJOINDER BY REMI OYEYEMI, (posted on Saharareporters, May, 19 2014)

"Without the pen of the author of Common Sense, the sword of Washington would have been raised in vain."- John Adams Second President of the United States

“Give me liberty or give me death”- Patrick Henry, American Revolutionary

One has just finished reading the piece by my dear brother, Femi Fani-Kayode titled “Give Me Oduduwa Or Let Me Die” and the quick rejoinder written by another brother Charles Sogbesan. Reading the piece by Fani-Kayode, his frustrations and what has led him to requesting for Oduduwa are very understandable.

I believe that coming to this point of view is a welcome development. It is better late than never. There are so many members of the political class in the present day Nigeria that have arrived at the same conclusion like Fani-Kayode, but are unable to go public with this because they are still benefiting immensely from the prevailing corruption. Others among them have not acquiesced to this reality. They are still in denial.

Suffice to say that one has been looking for ways out of this Nigerian quagmire since 1991. The question has been “How can Nigeria be rescued?” I have looked almost everywhere and has come to the final conclusion that it is a matter of time before Nigeria would have a date with its destiny of dismemberment. This conclusion was not arrived at lightly.

After participating in Nigerian politics at the highest levels, toured extensively all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria, read as many books on Nigeria and many other countries with a similar socio-political challenges, examined the nature and character of Nigeria as a state, as well as the nature and character of its elites or if you like, its political class, one has come to the conclusion that there is no way out for Nigeria as a single entity.

The latter day nationalists may throw as many intellectual tantrums as they want, they may call the rest of us, the protagonists of dismemberment of Nigeria all negative names under the sun, they may blackmail, intimidate and cajole all they want, they may use all their leverage in the media to try to silence us, they would not be able to change the appointed destiny of Nigeria, which is its break up.

It may be swift in coming, it may come late, but one thing is certain, it is inevitable. The victory of nature over the vagaries of human inanities is inescapable. To a piece like Fani-Kayode’s, asking for Oduduwa state, it should not be surprising when some try to ridicule and trivialize it.

That is the way it usually is. It was the German philosopher, Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 – 1860) who once contended that “All truth passes through three stages.

First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” The year Schopenhauer died (1860) was when Theodore Herzl was born. Herzl was the first man to moot the idea of an Israeli State in his published work Der Judenstaat (The Jewish State) of 1896.

Herzl and his ideas were vilified by the Jewish establishment throughout Europe, and other continents. His ideas were perceived “both as threatening their efforts toward acceptance and integration in their resident countries and as rebellion against the will of God.”

But adamant and convinced of his stance having analyzed the situation correctly he went ahead in a speech on September 3, 1897 to say the following:

“At Basle I found the Jewish State, If I said this out loud today, I would be answered by universal laughter. Perhaps in five years and certainly in fifty years, everyone will know it”.

And exactly fifty years on May 14, 1948, the Jewish State of Israel was born. And everyone has known it.

As to the initial response of my brother, Charles Sogbesan, I understand his frustrations. Some of the points he made in his rejoinder were pertinent. But he was seriously mistaken when he wrote the following:

“Oduduwa (Or whatever it will be called) remains a fantasy, because like my (Political) friends will say, the facts on ground don’t support your argument. Those facts are its people (The political class who comprehend the machinery of thoughts).”

Firstly, the way and manner Theodor Herzl was ridiculed, scorned, mocked by the Jewish establishment in the 1890s is the way those who see the future and know that Nigeria would be dismembered eventually are being treated.

The Nigerian political class, regardless of the ethnic nationality who are benefitting from the misery of Nigeria and their paid sentries in the compromised sections of the Nigerian media are the ones engaged in this buffoonery. They pretend all is well with Nigeria when they know all is not well.

Their intellectual ostriches have their tails wagging in the air making efforts to convince Nigerians that their daily experience is not real except the farce being sold to them. They are the ones who think that the average Yoruba man is not ready for the Oodua Nation. Or that the average Igbo man is not ready for his Biafra.

Or that the average Ijaw man would not seize the opportunity when it presents itself to be free. Or that the Middlebelters would not run fast enough not to have anything to do with the Hausa/Fulani. Or that if push comes to shove, the Hausa/Fulani would not call the bluff of the rest of Nigeria to go it all alone.

Secondly, the people are the only one that matters. If the leaders are slow to understand and respond, the people would move and jettison them, new leaders would emerge and the train would leave the station.

The political friends of Mr. Sogbesan are like King Louis Auguste de France XVI (popularly known as Louis XVI of France) and his wife Marie Antoinette removed by the French Revolution; King Nikolay Alexandrovich Romanov of Russia (popularly known as Nicholas II) removed by the Russian Revolution, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, the Shah of Iran overthrown in 1980, Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos, Sr. and his wife Maria Imelda Marcos overthrown in the Philippines revolution of 1986.

Mr. Sogbesan’s friends are like King Charles I (1600 – 1649) who ruled over England, Scotland and Ireland until he was beheaded by the Cromwellian forces on January 30, 1649; King Mohammad Idris of Libya until he was overthrown on September 1, 1969; King Fuad II, the last of Mohammad Ali Dynasty overthrown by the Egyptian Revolution led by Gamal Abdel Nasser on June 18, 1953; Fulgencio Batista overthrown in the Cuban Revolution of 1959 led by Fidel Castro and President Gafaar Nimeiri of Sudan removed through an uprising in 1985 among many others.

One could go on and on. They all have eyes but could not see. They all have ears but could not hear. They were all human beings but could not feel.

If the Yoruba leaders, likewise other leaders of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, fail to respond to their populations, if they refuse to see what is going on in the farce called Nigeria, if they adopt “deaf and dumb” attitude to the cries and wailings of their peoples and if they refuse to feel the pains and agonies of their peoples, then they would have themselves to blame when new leaders emerge to lead the people.

The present leaders of Yoruba land should not be concerned about their greed and become oblivious to the imminent spring of freedom and self-determination of their peoples. It would be dangerous for them to remain incorrigible and fail to hearken to the supplication of their people.

The struggle would commence without them at the appropriate time, these leaders would be jettisoned and new leaders would rise and the journey to the promised land would begin.

Like Herzl was dismissed and ridiculed, the protagonists of the Oodua Nation are being dismissed and ridiculed too. They are referred to as dreamers. But their antagonists have forgotten that if you cannot dream, you cannot strive to achieve.

The bottom line is that those who can write should continue to write. Those who can preach should continue to preach. Those who can campaign should continue to campaign. Those who can strategise should continue to strategize. Most importantly, those who can mobilize should continue to mobilize.

It is the best way to get your people out of slavery. It is the best way to pilot your people to self determination. It is the greatest lesson ever taught by the Great Osagyefo, Dr. Kwameh Nkrumah.

It is important that we keep this issue in the public purview. It is important that we continue to debate and ask for the Oodua Nation. It is important that we continue to put out literatures to argue our position. It is important that we continue to challenge fake nationalists who mouth Nigerian unity all of the time because of their personal gains, even when they know that Nigeria’s days are numbered.

It is important that this idea continues to be sprayed and planted all over, among our people at home and in Diaspora and among well wishers in the international community. It is not a crime to want to be in control of your destiny.

It is not a crime to want to be on your own. It is not compulsory for us all to remain in Nigeria. There is nothing sacrosanct about Nigeria while everything about Nigeria is evidentially evil and devilish.

John Milton’s greatest contribution to the Oliver Cromwell’s revolution against King Charles I, was not as a civil servant to the Commonwealth of England but as a poet and polemicist.

His epic poem Paradise Lost written in 1667 was more than a clarion call to change, a call to which an entire nation responded. Thomas Paine’s greatest contribution to the American Revolution was not on the battle field, or for his five hundred dollar contribution to the war effort but his pamphleteering.

His writings for the Pennsylvania Magazine which he later edited despite the fact that "he never learned to write faultlessly grammatical English," is viewed much more favourably by History. His words from The American Crisis written from far away in England inspired the American troops to continue their battle for independence.

His most famous pamphlet entitled Common Sense inspired the American Nation and its peoples even when it was still uncertain whether they would ever be free from the tyranny of the British King George William Frederick (known as King George III).

Without the Jean Jacque Rousseaus and Voltaires of this world, the French Revolution would have been more confused than it was in those early days. Without Friedrich Hegel’s Philosophy of Right, Karl Marx’s Das Kapital, Friedrich Engel’s The Condition of the Working Class in England, Vladimir Lenin’s The Right of Nations to Self-Determination would there have been Europe of today?

Would there have been anything known as Welfarism in the American capitalism? The writings and speeches of Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Medgar Evers and several others paved the way for the American Civil Rights struggle and accomplishments.

Without the writings of Mahatma Gandhi, his good news about freedom would not spread beyond the shores of South Africa to grow self dignity, self determination, independence and democracy in India.

Though, force may not be mutually exclusive to any struggle, every struggle for self determination does not necessarily have to begin and or end with a bullet. The struggle for self determination does not necessarily have to be violent and or bloody.

It is better fought with ideas, sound, logical and well thought out ideas. While bullets can be seized, AK 47s rounded up and armoured vehicles confiscated, ideas can never be conscripted. It can never be rounded up, confiscated or be imprisoned.

No selfish leader no matter how rich and influential can even frustrate it. No chain can hold down an idea. No walls can limit its movement. No army can defeat it.
Back to top Go down
turkcorp
Senior
Senior
turkcorp

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 06:28

Nice articles a referendum should be held for the people to decide whether they would like to split
Back to top Go down
cableman02
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 06:30

Had never visit other site but if it all begins here let it be and may GOD HELP THE MOVEMENT OF SOUTHERNERS FROM THE KILLER SQUARD.(northerners)AMEN!!!
Back to top Go down
cableman02
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 06:33

Had never visit other site but if it all begins here let it be and may GOD HELP THE MOVEMENT OF SOUTHERNERS FROM THE KILLER SQUARD.(northerners)AMEN!!!
Back to top Go down
cableman02
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 06:45

turkcorp wrote:
Nice articles a referendum should be held for the people to decide whether they would like to split
In every good thinker and peace loving human-being ,it all over but waiting for Hector,Hercules,David,.... OF OUR TIME that we lead us to the promised and peace loving SOUTHERN NATION LET THE MOVEMENT COMMENCES OOOO ELDERS OF SOUTH WHERE I THOU?
Back to top Go down
faithchild
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-21, 15:17

jos has been known to be a trouble area,pls hold your peace,their end is coming soon
Back to top Go down
Gmailer
Leader
Leader
Gmailer

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-22, 09:02

#GoodbyeNigeriaWelcomeOduduwa

"And if it means that before the Yoruba nation can achieve its divinely ordained purpose that Nigeria must go then I say today, and I say it loud and clear to all who care to listen, that it is indeed, good-bye Nigeria and hello Oduduwa Republic.

"If we cannot have a true federation, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have devolution of power, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have a secular state, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have resource control, it is good-bye Nigeria.

"If we cannot have regional armies, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have regional police forces, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have regional Parliaments and a maximum degree of separate development, then it is good-bye Nigeria.

"Again, for the record, let me be clear. What we are calling for here is not secession or armed struggle. What we want, nay what we demand, is change: peaceful, progressive, wholesome, equitable and constitutional change. What we are fighting for is peaceful and purposeful constitutional reform. And of course, based on the internationally accepted principle of self-determination of a people (a principle which has the full backing of international law), we have every right, as citizens of the world, to call for and indeed demand such change simply because that is precisely what our people, the over 40 million-strong Yoruba people of south-western Nigeria, desperately desire and certainly deserve.

"We have not called for subversion, dissention or dismemberment here but instead we call for an understanding of our position and an appreciation of our strong resolve. Again let it be clearly understood by all and sundry that we will do whatever it takes within our means to liberate our people and to enable them to achieve their full potentials as human beings." - Femi Fani-Kayode

#GiveUsOduduwaOrWeDie
Back to top Go down
turkcorp
Senior
Senior
turkcorp

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-22, 13:22

Gmailer wrote:
#GoodbyeNigeriaWelcomeOduduwa

"And if it means that before the Yoruba nation can achieve its divinely ordained purpose that Nigeria must go then I say today, and I say it loud and clear to all who care to listen, that it is indeed, good-bye Nigeria and hello Oduduwa Republic.

"If we cannot have a true federation, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have devolution of power, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have a secular state, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have resource control, it is good-bye Nigeria.

"If we cannot have regional armies, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have regional police forces, it is good-bye Nigeria. If we cannot have regional Parliaments and a maximum degree of separate development, then it is good-bye Nigeria.

"Again, for the record, let me be clear. What we are calling for here is not secession or armed struggle. What we want, nay what we demand, is change: peaceful, progressive, wholesome, equitable and constitutional change. What we are fighting for is peaceful and purposeful constitutional reform. And of course, based on the internationally accepted principle of self-determination of a people (a principle which has the full backing of international law), we have every right, as citizens of the world, to call for and indeed demand such change simply because that is precisely what our people, the over 40 million-strong Yoruba people of south-western Nigeria, desperately desire and certainly deserve.

"We have not called for subversion, dissention or dismemberment here but instead we call for an understanding of our position and an appreciation of our strong resolve. Again let it be clearly understood by all and sundry that we will do whatever it takes within our means to liberate our people and to enable them to achieve their full potentials as human beings." - Femi Fani-Kayode

#GiveUsOduduwaOrWeDie
Well said start putting pressure on your elected officials gather people demonstrate people should not be killed for a cause they have no part of
Back to top Go down
Sensicut07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Sensicut07

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-22, 16:27

Peace should reign in this country
Back to top Go down
SmartMobility
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
SmartMobility

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty2014-05-22, 21:21

Make peace reign ooo b4 water pass garry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS   BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS Empty

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS!!! BOKO HARAM ARE GRADUALLY MOVING SOUTHWARDS AS ANOTHER BOMB ROCKS JOS
Page 1 of 1