Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel

Go down 
+54
tolese
roicard
bejs
obodo
obinabo.urch
world richest
microsat
Oluwasegun victor
geenak2011
Tboy*
togenmoser
ancl
greatkwame
pius anamja
otiamoney
whizkidme2002
Suny11
obese82
Isaac Nana Kofi Asenso
regalpenco
ARISEKOLADE
moschnitnt
kipeps
chelski
Segzykay
Arno
austin_niceguy
tdalyn
Harkev
Nemz
slash
wallyjohnny
newton
Jerryk
salahz
Ashawo
vitality22
musiotunya
9jatician
weekpzva
Drdanskills
Osekele
eben.asore
segjocom
seuntech
cjpaul
Abdullahi
360man
carbo
abou1
John bull
Precious4luv
Bluka2
digitvtime
58 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
digitvtime
Novice
Novice

How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty
PostSubject: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-13, 09:08

we can provide avatar satellite sharing dongle for you,if your receiver has Y4/TWIN protocol,AVATAR Dongle can work with it and open the DSTV channel(multichoice channel).if you have some problem,you can contact us directly:digitvtime@gmail.com

1.0 Satellite signal and RS232 cable connection
1.1 Install right LNB for data service satellite.
( for example:W3,W3A ,NSS6 or ASIA4,etc.)

1.2 Connect data service satellite signal to Dongle’s LNB IN port

1.3 Use RS232 cable(cross type, we have give it in the dongle parts ) to Connect Dongle RS232 port with the receiver RS232 port ,the receiver must support Y4/Twin protocol

1.4 Plug in Power adaptor and connect to DC+12V port.

2.0 LED display function:
2.1 LOCK LED:
Red color: works as a FTA receiver;
Green color blinking: works as a data Dongle and try locking satellite data signal;
(Must connect RS232 cable)
Green color on(no blinking): works as a data Dongle and data signal locked.
(Must connect dish and rs232 cable)

2.2 STB LED:
Red color off/On: RS-232 port Y4/Twin protocol communication fail;
Red color blinking: RS-232 port Y4/Twin protocol communication succeed;

3.0 Receiver Setting:
SKS Dongle only works with the Receiver which support Y4/Twin protocol or similar
RS232 communication protocol. Plz confirm your receiver was properly setting or activated
to Y4/Twin protocol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by digitvtime on 2011-07-26, 09:33; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bluka2
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-13, 10:34

nice dude
Back to top Go down
Bluka2
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-13, 10:36

nice dude
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-19, 18:04

what is d diff between Y4 and Y6 firmware
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 15:25

I need help, my Avatar power cord is no longer supplying current. I try to use a ps2 adaptor cord to it, current is flowing but both d Lock and STB is showing red light in a standby mode. Pls wat do i do?
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 15:31

Why did you take such risk?
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 16:06

check d output specification of d cord and buy anoda of same spec. Goodluck.
Back to top Go down
http://alanengservices.webs.com
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 16:17

Can i get d cord in those cable dish sellers shop.
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 16:25

yes i guess u shud cos its common 12v and mouth seems universal, its only d current rating dat may differ. Give it a trial.
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 16:26

The problem is i was blind scanning W3 last night and PHCN went off, this morning when it came back, i tried to on it but no current was flowing.
Back to top Go down
carbo
Amateur
Amateur
carbo

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 16:28

abou1 wrote:
check d output specification of d cord and buy anoda of same spec. Goodluck.

this is only thing u can do
or get an adaptor and set it to those specifications.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 16:42

Precious4luv wrote:
The problem is i was blind scanning W3 last night and PHCN went off, this morning when it came back, i tried to on it but no current was flowing.
get an adaptor from somebody that have the same type of your dongle first and test before going for a new adaptor. Also check if there's good signal on your w3 first.
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 16:48

Precious4luv wrote:
if u can open it, dia wil b a fuse on d panel,it may hav blown,try refusing it wit a single strand of flexible wire, u might be lucky as goodluck.
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 16:52

Any electrical tech advice on it.
Back to top Go down
360man
Senior
Senior
360man

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-24, 17:27

precious guy, u'v heard it, if u can open it check 4 fuse its just 5naira fuse bt if d panel hd gt burnt, i mean may b capacitor or smthn else pls contact a well trained electronics repairer. Thanks
just learning.
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 15:56

@precious4love how far about ur cord?
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 16:32

I hv opened it but d fuse holder is too stiff 4 me to refuse with a single wire.
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 16:34

@abou1, pls i need serious help about dis cord.
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 18:29

Precious4luv wrote:
I hv opened it but d fuse holder is too stiff 4 me to refuse with a single wire.
maybe u shud take it to a radio and technician to test d fuse or u can do if u have a multimeter either digital or analog(around 300box 4 small one).
Back to top Go down
Abdullahi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 19:30

hmn
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 20:09

Stop using hmm to increase ur post points.
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 20:32

Can i use d current DSTV adaptor for it.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 20:45

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 20:55

Oga JB, d ctl decoder i hv is d trenddigital type, is it suitable 4 it, can i cut it and do wat u suggested.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-25, 22:25

Precious4luv wrote:
Oga JB, d ctl decoder i hv is d trenddigital type, is it suitable 4 it, can i cut it and do wat u suggested.
just buy a new adaptor
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-26, 11:33

Thanks 4 your advice, i will do just dat.
Back to top Go down
cjpaul
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-26, 13:18

pls can some1 tell me how much this avater would cost me. Thanks
Back to top Go down
seuntech
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-27, 12:18

pls help me my avatar 2 stop showing green light it just showing red light.my w3 signal is 70percent i have remove it from current still showing red light.Guys pls help on what to do.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-27, 16:12

seuntech wrote:
pls help me my avatar 2 stop showing green light it just showing red light.my w3 signal is 70percent i have remove it from current still showing red light.Guys pls help on what to do.
what's your Avatar model?
Back to top Go down
seuntech
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-27, 16:20

Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-27, 18:13

seuntech wrote:
check d polarity of 12728v30000,if it is H change it to V.
Back to top Go down
Abdullahi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-27, 21:02

hmn
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 07:32

seuntech wrote:
young man just go get an avatar av cable anyway you can lay your hands on and connect to tv. Input password 0000 and go to system setting - factory reset then unplug the cable, swich off and switch on again. Make sure you don't plug the cable again or else you'll render it useless. This is only a guarantee to those i sold it for because i don't really know the software that was use for yours but you can give it a try since it's not functioning again.
Back to top Go down
segjocom
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 10:13

Oga JP, How do l get the avatar
Back to top Go down
360man
Senior
Senior
360man

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 11:21

JB pls i am still waiting for your reply. thanks
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 12:01

@jb is d avatar av cable d same as normal av cable?
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 13:10

abou1 wrote:
no, but don't just try to plug the cable because the moment you do that you'll turn it to an ordinary decoder and if you do factory reset you'll loose the softwares i installed before sending it to you.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 13:14

segjocom wrote:
Oga JP, How do l get the avatar
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 13:16

360man wrote:
JB pls i am still waiting for your reply. thanks
which reply?
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 14:37

John bull wrote:
abou1 wrote:
no, but don't just try to plug the cable because the moment you do that you'll turn it to an ordinary decoder and if you do factory reset you'll loose the softwares i installed before sending it to you.
ok
Back to top Go down
eben.asore
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 18:07

John bull wrote:
seuntech wrote:
young man just go get an avatar av cable anyway you can lay your hands on and connect to tv. Input password 0000 and go to system setting - factory reset then unplug the cable, swich off and switch on again. Make sure you don't plug the cable again or else you'll render it useless. This is only a guarantee to those i sold it for because i don't really know the software that was use for yours but you can give it a try since it's not functioning again.
Thanks Jb i was facing the same problem but i tried your proceedure and it worked for me.My problem now is that when i post sugessions it does not apear on the forum. Pls help i have stuff to post.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-28, 18:32

Use opera and always make sure that your topic is long
Back to top Go down
Osekele
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-29, 01:54

Hello 2 u all. Here's a newbie in d house, I av done all connections wt my Av. yet it doesn't descramble, pls help.
Back to top Go down
Osekele
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-29, 03:05

JB,pls help me i did all connections but it does not descramble DSTV
only works as FTA
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-29, 16:18

Osekele wrote:
JB,pls help me i did all connections but it does not descramble DSTV
only works as FTA
What frequency did u use in scanning for W3?
Back to top Go down
http://drdanskills@yahoo.com
Osekele
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-29, 22:10

Thanks for your response, an installer installed W3 for me, so i don't know. Pls what frequency should i use, or what should i do to correct it?
Back to top Go down
Precious4luv
Senior
Senior
Precious4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-29, 22:53

12729V30000
Back to top Go down
Osekele
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-30, 00:15

Thanks. now, i use 12729V30000 the channels showd thru dongle as b4; but still all scrambled channels remain adamant. Anything else to do?

This is my dongle status:
STB LED:
Red color blinking: RS-232 port Y4/Twin protocol communication succeed;

LOCK LED:
Green color on(no blinking): works as a data Dongle and data signal locked.

My decoder is: SCLASS HD9906SUPER and supports Y4/Twin protocol
Back to top Go down
Osekele
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-30, 10:37

Does connecting d AV Cable with dongle and TV have any effect on the dongle?
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty2011-07-30, 12:35

Osekele wrote:
Does connecting d AV Cable with dongle and TV have any effect on the dongle?
more than effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel   How to connect AVATAR Dongle with receiver for DSTV channel Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next