Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to wake a fried strong decoder

Go down 
+71
Safex
matindow
midimak
Honourable
smile2012
tettey
joseun
Hussein53
snipps
ayolomo1512
xedyl
iykmora
alhaji ajahra
lovechines
Okoegualek
abelite
yinka123
jeeqer
i hacked
easy
sexxxsexxxy
sunnydevess
tennybiz
jbiddrisu
DjTeebex
Tayin
Gmailer
albertquaye
Lordomasia
emmyart
sunnybless
SULEIMAN01
Fishegg45
microsat
Nalerigu
geenak2011
AWONUSI
emynem05
obodo
chopup
Kay2cee
bonchi
Isaac Nana Kofi Asenso
olawale86
ancl
Aguokoli
Segzykay
D REAL MAN
Songod
obasichuks
donfolex
omaba1
lawalahmed
Mozel99
Harkev
agaj4life
justhots4u
ibadek
mumtel
aginell
justhermed001
Femwal
yemiola
kwame gabriel
abou1
Drdanskills
bellokingson
prettyddd
stay
John bull
75 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty
PostSubject: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-20, 11:12

Follow this steps.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-20, 11:40

1. Get a rs232 cable
2. Get another working decoder of that same type
3.connect the two decoder via rs232 and remember to swich off the fried one
4. Switch on the good one. Go to - system setting - data transfer - firmware - ok. Wait till it finish loading. That's all.
Back to top Go down
stay
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-20, 12:31

would it work for mine...u knw d proble of mine nah...abi?
Back to top Go down
http://www.great-star.webs.com
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-20, 16:26

Only for damaged decoders
Back to top Go down
prettyddd
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-20, 16:33

Does this work for the same models or it could work with the same brand but different models
Eg i have a fried 4663X and a working 4669X. Good post JB.
Back to top Go down
bellokingson
Amateur
Amateur
bellokingson

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-20, 23:28

No, you use that of the same model e.g 4669X with another 4669X
Back to top Go down
prettyddd
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-21, 02:18

I got a similar 4663X but it keeps rebooting...so i figured i could use my working 4669X. Thanks for the info though. I'll look for a working one.
Back to top Go down
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-23, 09:42

Good job, at least this will go a long way in solving most fried-up decoders instead of buying a new one!
Times are hard men!
Back to top Go down
http://drdanskills@yahoo.com
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-23, 10:11

i mistakenly bridged d coaxial cable and since then my decoder has been lnbf. Can dis method solve d problem
Back to top Go down
http://alanengservices.webs.com
Drdanskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Drdanskills

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-25, 21:10

abou1 wrote:
i mistakenly bridged d coaxial cable and since then my decoder has been lnbf. Can dis method solve d problem
There's no harm in trying, nothing to lose!
Back to top Go down
http://drdanskills@yahoo.com
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-25, 21:43

Drdanskills wrote:
abou1 wrote:
There's no harm in trying, nothing to lose!
u are right.
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-26, 16:43

Remember when once it shows CONNECT STB you immediately switch on the dead decoder and wait for it to read from 0 to 100.
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-07-26, 17:25

thank u.
Back to top Go down
kwame gabriel
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-08-20, 10:23

Greetings master JB, any news today
Back to top Go down
yemiola
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
yemiola

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-08-29, 22:55

remember to ue gen
Back to top Go down
Femwal
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-09-10, 09:57

@all, thunder track my srt4669x &4663 decoder a week ago pls any solution 4 dis, no picture then no sound alway display 8888 atimes ---- on d light board.pls my broda asist me,2decoder at1.
Back to top Go down
Femwal
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-09-10, 09:59

@all, thunder track my srt4669x &4663 decoder a week ago pls any solution 4 dis, no picture then no sound alway display 8888 atimes ---- on d light board.pls my broda asist me,2decoder at1.
Back to top Go down
justhermed001
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-09-16, 16:49

@ johnbull: thanks for the vital information
Back to top Go down
aginell
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-10-03, 21:17

I did the same thing for my friend's decoder and it worked but since then my avatar STB light stopped blinking red. Though serial port still functions any time I transfer firmware. Please what could be the course and what can I do to make my avatar stb light start blinking?
Back to top Go down
mumtel
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-10-03, 23:13

U master reset it n off it.
Back to top Go down
ibadek
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-10-04, 08:53

aginell wrote:
I did the same thing for my friend's decoder and it worked but since then my avatar STB light stopped blinking red. Though serial port still functions any time I transfer firmware. Please what could be the course and what can I do to make my avatar stb light start blinking?
.@ Aginell,go to your dongle1 setting in your decoder e.g installion,option.
Back to top Go down
justhots4u
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-10-04, 09:56

Nice
Back to top Go down
ibadek
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-10-04, 13:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] All I want to upgrade my 4663x strong decoder with the above sw so that I will be able to use my dstv smart card.Pls I want to be know maybe the sw is for dstv smart card user or there is anothere one to upgrade it .Greatest salute to u all.
Back to top Go down
agaj4life
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-10-07, 08:59

abou1 wrote:

@aboul this not software problem is hardware, take the decoder to any technician close to you or open the reciever, on the main panel look for Tip42c, change it with a working one, or if you are in kano,youcan contact me, iwill do it free 4u.
Back to top Go down
Harkev
Novice
Novice
Harkev

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2011-11-02, 11:08

Still working on my own though! All the 4669x I saw have been updated once, twice, many times. There is no data transfer in such decoders again. Still looking for ones that haven't been updated!
Back to top Go down
Mozel99
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-01-02, 01:38

hw 2 wake up strong 4669x11...? I hv problem in time of upgradin via flash drive..!! Dey only show frst light..!! Pls am rili need ur help..!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-01-02, 02:10

Mozel99 wrote:
hw 2 wake up strong 4669x11...? I hv problem in time of upgradin via flash drive..!! Dey only show frst light..!! Pls am rili need ur help..!!!

Try one of the procedure above,is it a fake one or do u encounter power failure during upgrade?
Back to top Go down
lawalahmed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
lawalahmed

Sex : male

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-01-02, 09:35

If it is a fake one please dont bother yourself to use method above bcos it is hardware issue....
Back to top Go down
http://www.medoriansports.blogspot.com
omaba1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-27, 20:14

Pls, somebody hlp me out. My srt4669x refused to on, it was only blnking when d stb is put on. Thanks
Back to top Go down
John bull
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-28, 11:17

omaba1 wrote:
Pls, somebody hlp me out. My srt4669x refused to on, it was only blnking when d stb is put on. Thanks
the way your presenting your problem won't fetch you any solution. You need to tell us what happened when you switched it ON.
Back to top Go down
omaba1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-28, 12:39

John bull wrote:
omaba1 wrote:
the way your presenting your problem won't fetch you any solution. You need to tell us what happened when you switched it ON.
. I was watching it whn nepa sz light nd i tried to ON it after d light was restored by nepa it was only blnking 88:88 nd wnt OFF. If off d switch nd on it again it blnk. Thanks 4 ur advance response.
Back to top Go down
omaba1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-28, 12:50

U can pm time to chat wt u on facebook. Thanks
Back to top Go down
donfolex
Expert
Expert
donfolex

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-28, 14:26

omaba1 wrote:
John bull wrote:
omaba1 wrote:
. I was watching it whn nepa sz light nd i tried to ON it after d light was restored by nepa it was only blnking 88:88 nd wnt OFF. If off d switch nd on it again it blnk. Thanks 4 ur advance response.
Back to top Go down
donfolex
Expert
Expert
donfolex

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-28, 14:28

omaba1 wrote:
John bull wrote:
omaba1 wrote:

we are not charging you per word here, you muddled up your post so much that understanding you is a full time job!!!
Back to top Go down
omaba1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-28, 15:56

donfolex wrote:
omaba1 wrote:
John bull wrote:
omaba1 wrote:

we are not charging you per word here, you muddled up your post so much that understanding you is a full time job!!!
. I said whn plug it nd switch on, light wl show at d front panel and went off. Thanks
Back to top Go down
obasichuks
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-28, 23:38

omaba1 wrote:
John bull wrote:
omaba1 wrote:

check the diode that is in the output side of the panel or change the power if you cannot work on it .The fault is from the power panel
Back to top Go down
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-29, 06:34

Yeah d power pack is faulty take it to a qualified tech
Back to top Go down
omaba1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-29, 07:15

007 wrote:
Yeah d power pack is faulty take it to a qualified tech
. But i traced d voltage down to d mainboard or is't an abnormal reading? Thanks, i want to b convinced.
Back to top Go down
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-04-29, 16:31

Yeah wen d power pack is down it affects d signal ic on d main board
Back to top Go down
Songod
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-05-06, 14:02

can i wake my srt4329 uzing dis proccess? pls somebody help me ooo.. i want to upgrade my firmware nepa take light oooo hei!!!
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

Sex : Male

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-05-26, 17:42

John bull wrote:
1. Get a rs232 cable
4. Switch on the good one. Go to - system setting - data transfer - firmware - ok. Wait till it finish loading. That's all.
Back to top Go down
D REAL MAN
Professional
Professional
D REAL MAN

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-05-26, 17:51

John bull wrote:
1. Get a rs232 cable

Just got my Strong decoder Srt4663x 'fried' by a sw (182p) I was referred to download. Thanks to Mr JB for dis great tutorial dat has helped me bring my decoder ''back to life''.
Back to top Go down
Segzykay
Professional
Professional
Segzykay

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-09-30, 06:56

I need some one to help me out.My 4669XII decoder is not coming up again.When I switch it ON it only display ---- and didn't show any thing on the TV screen.What is the way out please.Thanks
Back to top Go down
abou1
Senior
Senior
abou1

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-09-30, 14:49

try same tin above
Back to top Go down
Segzykay
Professional
Professional
Segzykay

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-09-30, 18:43

abou1 wrote:
try same tin above
Thank my broda I have try it but is not responding.Any other way out?
Back to top Go down
Aguokoli
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-09-30, 18:50

D REAL MAN wrote:
John bull wrote:
1. Get a rs232 cable

Just got my Strong decoder Srt4663x 'fried' by a sw (182p) I was referred to download. Thanks to Mr JB for dis great tutorial dat has helped me bring my decoder ''back to life''.
Back to top Go down
Aguokoli
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-09-30, 19:00

D REAL MAN wrote:
John bull wrote:
1. Get a rs232 cable

Back to top Go down
Aguokoli
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-09-30, 19:06

pls i nd help my decoder srt4669xii i send one sw to it and option disappal
Back to top Go down
Segzykay
Professional
Professional
Segzykay

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-10-01, 00:32

Aguokoli wrote:
Take ur remote control and press 6969 two times it will come back.
Back to top Go down
Aguokoli
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty2012-10-01, 03:25

Segzykay wrote:
Aguokoli wrote:
Take ur remote control and press 6969 two times it will come back.

pls 6969 is not working
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to wake a fried strong decoder   How to wake a fried strong decoder Empty

Back to top Go down

How to wake a fried strong decoder
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next